Application is now open for the University of Otago 180 Doctoral Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Otago and Scholarship
Why attend the University of Otago? The institution has one of the most stunning campuses in the whole globe. The University of Otago campus provides students with a first-rate on-campus experience as well as a dynamic, sociable student community. Numerous specialized on-campus support services are available to the students to help them succeed and make the most of their time there. Employers strongly value the well-rounded, practical, adaptive, and resilient graduates produced by the University of Otago.
The University of Otago, also known as Te Whare Wnanga o Tkou in Maori, is a public research university with a collegiate status that is situated in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. Otago is the oldest university in Oceania and New Zealand, having been established in 1869. The institution was founded by a Thomas Burns-led committee and given formal status in 1869 by an ordinance of the Otago Provincial Council.
The federal University of New Zealand included the University of Otago from 1874 and 1961, and it conferred degrees in its name throughout that time. The bustling student scene in Otago, especially the flatting that frequently takes place in historic homes, is well-known. It has been customary for Otago students to give their apartments names.
180 Doctoral Scholarships are being made available by the University of Otago to students for the academic year 2023–2024, providing them with a great chance to complete their Ph.D.
Students who enroll in a Ph.D. program at the University of Otago will be eligible for the award. International and domestic students both are eligible for the grant. Applicants are invited to both Ph.D. and professional doctorate programs.
Details about University of Otago 180 Doctoral Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Otago, New Zealand
Scholarship Value: NZ$27,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Otago, New Zealand
The university will provide the chosen candidates a salary of NZ$30,696 per year along with a 36-month domestic tuition fee remission (excluding student services fees and insurance). Doctoral degrees in professional fields (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) come with an annual salary of NZ$30,696 and a tuition fee remission for up to 36 months, according to the domestic rate (excluding student services fees and insurance). for a Ph.D. degree.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Otago 180 Doctoral Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the University of Otago 180 Doctoral Scholarships:
- Candidates from Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Canada, Malaysia, South Korea, Fiji, Norway, and Switzerland are qualified to apply.
- All Ph.D. degree-related courses and disciplines offered at the University of Otago are open to applicants.
- eligibility requirements The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements listed below to be eligible:
- The candidates must be current university students.
- The candidates must be granted admission to the aforementioned Ph.D. program.
- An ECE report is required for the candidates.
- The candidates must have at least a two-year master’s degree in a subject of study that is relevant for admission.
- The candidates must get the minimum needed results on the following English language proficiency exams: IELTS – 6.0, TOEFL IBT – 80, TOEFL PBT – 500, CAE – 176, CPE – 176, PTE Academic – 58.
- Academic transcripts
- ID evidence
- Research proposal
Application Procedure for University of Otago 180 Doctoral Scholarships
The students must finish their application procedure using the official online platform. It will be decided between the accepted candidates. There are other places where you may get more details on how to apply for this scholarship on this website.
Submission Deadline: Candidates can apply anytime