Application is now open for the ACI Foundation Scholarship at the American Concrete Institute. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About American Concrete Institute and Scholarship
The American Concrete Institute is a nonprofit technical society and organization that develops standards. It was originally known as the National Association of Cement Users or NACU. A meeting in Indianapolis in January 1905 saw the establishment of ACI. The Institute’s present headquarters are in Farmington Hills, Michigan, in the United States. The purpose of ACI is to “develop and disseminate knowledge about concrete and its uses that is based on consensus.”
The ACI Foundation Scholarship is open to international students and is fully supported. This scholarship is accessible for Ph.D., postdoctoral, graduate, and undergraduate studies. This scholarship provides an educational stipend of between $10,000 and $15,000 US to cover tuition, housing, books, and other costs associated with higher education. The American Concrete Institute established the non-profit ACI Foundation to foster innovation, cooperation, and advancement by funding academic pursuits and awards, as well as to act as a stand-alone resource for the concrete industry’s strategic management and thoughtful management.
The ACI Foundation Scholarship Council will choose scholarship and fellowship applicants who exhibit the strongest combination of passion and potential for professional success in the chosen field based on essays, supporting materials, and recommendations.
Details about ACI Foundation Scholarship at American Concrete Institute:
Scholarship Sponsor: American Concrete Institute ACI Foundation, USA
Scholarship Value: Up to $15,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate, Master, PhD, Postdoctoral
Host Institution(s): American Concrete Institute ACI Foundation, USA
The winner of an ACI Foundation scholarship or fellowship receives the following advantages:
- US educational stipend of between $10,000 and $15,000 for tuition, housing, books, and supplies;
- Paid for the costs of travel and participation at two ACI conventions (fellowship hopefuls must go to the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed; they can choose to be given a Convention Guide at this event);
- Assistance in locating a mentor in your industry.
Eligibility Criteria for ACI Foundation Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the ACI Foundation Scholarship at the American Concrete Institute:
- English is a required language.
- If English is not your first language, a formal declaration attesting to your competence must be included with the application.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Anyone in the globe is eligible to receive an ACI Foundation Fellowship, but you must enroll at a university in the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) during the award year.
- International students may be eligible for ACI Foundation fellowships, but you must enroll in a Canadian or American university during the grant period.
- Some fellowships require their recipients to do an internship that lasts 10 to 12 weeks in the summer of 2024. The Scholarship Council will interview candidates who have been chosen as finalists for an ACI Foundation fellowship on Sunday, March 27, 2024, during the spring ACI Concrete Convention. By February 4, 2024, the finalists will be informed. The ACI Foundation will pay for the trip stipend, lodging, registration fee, and flights.
- English language proficiency is a must for all candidates. You can add a copy of your TOEFL score to your application if English is not your first language. This is not necessary and is optional.
- The educational stipend is given to the student in two equal payments over a year to cover costs such as tuition, lodging and board, books, student fees, etc. Attendance at planned ACI Concrete Conventions within the award cycle is required to receive stipends.
- Near the end of the fellowship time, recipients of fellowships are required to submit a written report outlining how the fellowship contributed to their personal growth and professional readiness.
Application Process for ACI Foundation Scholarship
Log in or register for the ACI Foundation Middle East & North Africa Fellowship here. If you have any inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: November 01, 2023