Application is now open for the Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Wageningen University and Scholarship
Located in Wageningen, the Netherlands, the public institution known as Wageningen University & Research (also known as Wageningen UR; acronym: WUR) specializes in the biological sciences with a particular emphasis on agricultural, technical, and engineering courses. It is a key hub for agricultural and biological sciences research on the planet. The Food Valley is a part of the Netherlands where it is situated.
The former agricultural research institutions of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture make up WUR, together with Wageningen University. As a research institution, Wageningen institution awards degrees in the biological and social sciences at the BSc, MSc, and PhD levels. In the area of biological sciences and natural resources, it concentrates its study on issues of a scientific, social, and economic nature. It has a strong reputation for offering programs in forestry, agriculture, and environmental studies. Around 12,000 students from more than 100 nations attend the university. It belongs to the academic network known as the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS).
Four main rating tables have ranked WUR among the top 150 institutions in the world. For seventeen years running, Wageningen has been ranked as the top university in the Netherlands. The institution is ranked 59 worldwide in the Times Higher Education Ranking, and according to the QS World Institution Rankings 2016-2020, it is the best in the world for agriculture and forestry. According to U.S. News & World Report, Wageningen University is the best university for studying agricultural sciences, environment/ecology, and plant/animal science. The university is largely recognized as the best place in the world to do agricultural research.
The Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program (ASP) provides gifted and driven African students with the chance to study for a Master’s degree at Wageningen University while also assisting in the development of African capacity. By luring outstanding students for a two-year master’s degree, Wageningen hopes to enhance capacity building in Africa through this program.
Details about Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program:
Scholarship Sponsor: Wageningen University, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Transportation to and from Wageningen
- Living stipend for two years
- School fees
- Costs associated with health insurance and visas
- Expenses for attending one seminar or conference in Europe
- The ‘Reach Your Full Potential program
Eligibility Criteria for Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program:
- Candidates are a citizen of an African country.
- You have applied for one of the master’s programs of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please check: How can I apply for the master’s program?
- You are unconditionally admitted to this MSc program.
- You are an excellent and proven top 5% student with a First class honors degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor’s degree.
If you do not meet one of the above prerequisites, you are not qualified for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection process.
The selection process for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly. Important dates at a glance:
- February 1, 2024: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 21, 2024: Invitation of selected applicants to take part in the further selection process (approx. 40 candidates will be selected)
- April 4, 2024: Deadline for the assignment
- April 17, 2024: Conclusion about invitation online interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 23 – May 3, 2024: MS Teams interviews
- May 13, 2024: Results of the selection procedure communicated
Required Documents for Application
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transcript of academic records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae
- (Optional) Personal Statement regarding prior education
Application Procedure for Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Program
Interested and qualified candidates should register for the scholarship here.
- Check your qualification for the Africa Scholarship Programme
- Apply for an MSc programme before 1 February 2024
- Selection for invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme
- Result of the selection process
You can also visit the Wageningen University website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: 01 February 2024