Application is now open for the Academic Medical Centre AMC of the Universiteit van Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Academic Medical Centre of the Universiteit van Amsterdam and Scholarship
Why should you enroll at AMC University of Amsterdam? Amsterdam One of the top international institutions for academic medicine, UMC is one of eight university medical centers in the Netherlands. AMC frequently receives top 50 rankings for medical schools worldwide.
The university hospital connected to the University of Amsterdam is known as the Academic Medical Center (AMC), or Academisch Medisch Centrum in Dutch. It is one of the biggest and most prestigious hospitals in the Netherlands, and it is situated in Amsterdam’s southernmost borough, Bijlmer. AMC frequently receives top 50 rankings for medical schools worldwide. The AMC collaborates closely with the VU University Medical Center (VUmc), Amsterdam’s other university hospital, and a member of VU University Amsterdam, the city’s other university.
Advanced trauma care, pediatric and neonatal critical care, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, infectious diseases, and other departments are examples of tertiary care departments. With extensive study and research, you may quadruple your employability and make your dreams a reality. An announcement on the Merit Scholarship was issued by the Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam.
Details about Academic Medical Centre AMC of the Universiteit van Amsterdam Merit Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Academic Medical Centre of the Universiteit van Amsterdam
Scholarship Value: € 4,000
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: Master (MSc)
Host Institution(s): Academic Medical Centre of the Universiteit van Amsterdam, Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria for Academic Medical Centre AMC of the Universiteit van Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Academic Medical Centre AMC of the Universiteit van Amsterdam Merit Scholarship:
- Non-EU/EEA nations are eligible.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: The scholarship will be given for the Medical Informatics Master’s program.
- Acceptable Standards: Applicants are eligible for the AMS scholarship if they: hold a non-EU/EEA passport; are not entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan are not eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA; do not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship; have been (or will be) admitted to the (Master’s) program of Medical Informatics at the AMC -UvA.
- All applicants must fulfill the admission criteria before applying for the AMC-UvA’s master’s programs.
- Language Requirement: All non-native English speakers having degrees from countries outside the Netherlands (both EEA and non-EEA) must have completed an English proficiency exam. The following exams are regarded as evidence of English language proficiency:
TOEFL, minimum score: 100- sub-scores Reading 24, Listening 22, Speaking 25, and Writing 24.
Cambridge C1 advanced, a minimum score of 190
IELTS, minimum score: 7, sub scores 6, 5.
Documents Required for Application
- A 500-word maximum motivational letter
- A reference letter from your dean, professor, or academic advisor
- Your extracurricular activities in detail
Application Process for Academic Medical Centre AMC of the Universiteit van Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
Only those candidates who have been accepted into one of the AMC-UvA’s (Master’s) programs are given Amsterdam Merit Scholarships. Candidates who desire to apply for an AMS scholarship should do so via the Digital Student Service Desk.
International Office AMc-UvA
NL-1105 AZ Amsterdam
phone +31 (0) 20 566 5088
The Submission Deadline is: November 1, 2023 (starting in February)