The University of Waterloo is now accepting applications for its partially funded Arthur Church Entrance Scholarships.
About the University of Waterloo and Scholarship
The main campus of the University of Waterloo, sometimes known as UWaterloo, UW, or Waterloo, is located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. On 404 hectares (998 acres) of land, the main campus is situated close to “Uptown” Waterloo and Waterloo Park. The university also has four associated university colleges in addition to three satellite campuses. The institution has thirteen faculty-based schools and six faculties that oversee its academic programs. With more than 20,000 undergraduate students engaged in the university’s co-op program, Waterloo runs the biggest post-secondary co-operative education program in the world. A collection of 15 Canadian universities with a focus on research includes Waterloo.
The school was born out of the Waterloo College Associate Faculties, a semi-autonomous division of Waterloo College, a University of Western Ontario affiliate that was founded on 4 April 1956. With the passing of the University of Waterloo Act by the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in 1959, this organization legally broke away from Waterloo College and was established as a university. It was created to meet the need for technicians and engineers in Canada’s expanding postwar economy. Over the following ten years, it saw significant growth, including an arts faculty in 1960 and the College of Optometry of Ontario (now the School of Optometry and Vision Science), which relocated from Toronto in 1967.
Waterloo was placed 191st worldwide and eighth in Canada in the Times Higher Education 2022 graduate employability rating. The institution was ranked 108th globally and sixth in Canada in The New York Times’ employability poll from October 2011, which asked CEOs and chairpersons to choose the best universities they recruited from. According to a Riviera Partners report from 2014, undergraduate applicants from the University of Waterloo were the third most often employed in Silicon Valley.
The University of Waterloo grants various admission scholarships and prizes each year to deserving applicants. Students who need financial assistance can also apply for entrance bursaries. Outstanding first-year engineering students in the Faculty of Engineering are given two $10,000 scholarships each year: one for Mechatronics Engineering and the other for Computer Engineering or Systems Design Engineering. Academic performance, extracurricular accomplishments as determined by the Admission Information Form, and the online video interview all play a role in selection.
Details about Arthur Church Entrance Scholarships at the University of Waterloo:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Waterloo
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: Two (2)
Study Level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Waterloo, Canada
Eligibility Criteria for Arthur Church Entrance Scholarships
- These scholarships are available to aspiring domestic (Canadian) and international students.
- The university’s undergraduate degree programs in computer engineering, systems design engineering, and Mechatronics engineering are admitting new students.
- A minimum of 70% in their last year of high school, or an equivalent, is required for candidates.
- A solid academic background is a must for applicants.
- Candidates whose native tongue is not English may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS test to demonstrate their level of English language ability.
Application Process for Arthur Church Entrance Scholarships
- First, prospective candidates should be aware that applying for admission to a university’s undergraduate degree program is a crucial step in the scholarship application process. The selection committee will choose candidates based on the data provided on the application form, which will be done automatically upon admission.
- Document Specifications: Academic information, a language ability score or certificate scan, a copy of the passport, or even a personal information card, are all essential documents when applying for admission.
Student Awards & Financial Aid can be contacted via email@example.com.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here.