Application is now open for the Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship at the National Business Aviation Association. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About National Business Aviation Association and Scholarship
The Alan H. Conklin Business Aviation Management Scholarship was created in 2007 by Conklin & de Decker and the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) to aid undergraduates interested in business aviation management jobs. Bill de Decker’s commitment to business aviation was honored when the award was renamed during the 2014 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE).
The scholarship was first established in Al Conklin’s memory, a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and a pioneer in commercial aviation for more than 60 years. Conklin’s early job experience as a business aviation salesperson influenced his subsequent work in demonstrating the financial worth of aircraft to businesses. Since Bill de Decker received the NBAA’s John P. “Jack” Doswell Award in 2014 for his services to business aviation, the scholarship now also recognizes his achievements in the industry. Al Conklin and Bill de Decker formed Conklin & de Decker, an aviation information firm that offers information on aircraft operating costs and performance after they jointly released the Aircraft Cost Evaluator for the first time in the 1970s.
Every year, one undergraduate student who is enrolled in an aviation management program at a two- or four-year university is given up to $5,000 by NBAA Charities and Jet Support. Scholarship cheques will be issued for the academic year and made payable to the institution.
Details about Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: NBAA Charities and Jet Support
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): National Business Aviation Association, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship at the National Business Aviation Association:
- The applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- The applicant must be an undergraduate student (sophomore or higher) studying full-time in a university’s aviation department. Before award distribution, proof of enrolment or acceptance of enrollment must be given.
- On a scale of 4.0, the applicant’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be 3.0 or above
Documents Required for Application:
- One signed letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript.
Application Process for Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship
- Log in or register, then verify the data.
- Send in a statement of no fewer than 500 words outlining your professional aspirations in business aviation.
- Submit a copy of the transcript or an official transcript produced by the institution.
- Send in a recent, one-page résumé along with your address at home.
- You should provide two letters of recommendation from someone who can speak well of you and your qualifications, particularly as they pertain to business aviation. One of the letters must be from a professor in the aviation department of the university where you are presently enrolled.
- Before August 13, 2023, NBAA Charities must receive a complete application package, which includes one essay, one transcript, one résumé, and two letters of recommendation.
The Application Deadline is: 13 August 2023