Application is now open for the AZ Funded Non-Clinical PhD International Studentships at the University of Cambridge. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Cambridge and Scholarship
A public college research university located in Cambridge, England is called the University of Cambridge. The third-oldest university in continuous operation in the world was founded in Cambridge in 1209.
Following the entrance of academics from the University of Oxford who had defected to Cambridge as a result of a disagreement with the local populace, the university was established. Although they have been compared as rivals in the past, the two historic English colleges have a lot in common and are frequently referred to as Oxbridge together. The institution was acknowledged with a royal charter awarded by King Henry III in 1231, 22 years after its inception.
Over 150 academic departments, faculties, and other organizations are organized into six schools of the University of Cambridge, which consists of 31 constituent colleges that are semi-autonomous. All of the colleges are autonomous organizations within the university that control their own staffing and operating procedures. All university students are also expected to be affiliated with one of the colleges. The weekly small-group supervisions at the colleges serve as the main component of undergraduate instruction at Cambridge, with lectures, seminars, laboratory work, and occasionally additional supervision offered by the central university faculties and departments.
The University of Cambridge is accepting applications for the AZ-funded Non-Clinical PhD Studentship in the research project “Investigate the Mechanistic Link between Chronic Kidney Disease and Cardiac Dysfunction” for the academic year 2023–2024. The studentship program is open to the brightest UK and international students who are beginning their Ph.D. degree studies at the institution.
Details about AZ Funded Non-Clinical PhD International Studentships at the University of Cambridge:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Cambridge, UK
Scholarship Value: Full funding
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Cambridge, UK
Eligibility Criteria for AZ Funded Non-Clinical PhD International Studentships
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the AZ Funded Non-Clinical PhD International Studentships at the University of Cambridge:
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: PhD program involving a research project Examine the mechanisms behind the connection between cardiac failure and chronic renal disease.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must possess, or soon anticipate obtaining, a first- or upper-second-class degree in a relevant discipline, such as biological science or medical science, from a UK institution, or an equal grade from an international university. These seats are available to UK nationals and foreign students who fulfill the UK residence criteria (home fees) or who may supplement their financial resources through scholarships or financing programs (such as the Gates Cambridge or Cambridge Trust) to offset the additional expenses connected with international student fees.
- Admission Criteria: Before applying for admission, students must confirm that they meet the entry criteria for the program they have selected.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must submit IELTS, TOEFL, or other appropriate documentation as confirmation of your language proficiency. For further information, please refer to the English Language Requirements section.
Two academic references, transcripts, a CV or résumé, and a statement of interest (maximum length: 2500 characters) are required of applicants.
Application Procedure for AZ Funded Non-Clinical PhD International Studentships at the University of Cambridge
Applicants must first enroll in a Ph.D. program at the University of Cambridge to be eligible for consideration. After that, the University Applicant Portal must be used for all applications. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: 01 October 2023