Application is now open for the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
The Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts was founded in 1833 and is the oldest continually operating Mechanics’ Institute in Australia. The school expanded into technical education in the 1870s and became the Working Men’s College. The NSW government eventually took control of the college to become Sydney Technical College.
The New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT) was founded in 1964 as a result of an Act that the NSW Parliament enacted in 1940 to create an institute of technology. The NSW Institute of Technology and the NSW Institute of Business Studies merged in 1968. The first law school outside of a university was founded by NSWIT in 1976. In 1985, the Haymarket campus was formally inaugurated.
Over more than 30 years, the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) has provided courses with a strong vocational focus in a range of subject areas. UTS is famous for its tight ties with business, which have been forged via several cooperative research and educational initiatives.
A joint education program between the University and supporting organizations is the Bachelor of Information Technology. The program’s goal is to develop graduates who will hold leadership positions in information technology within Australian businesses. The graduate’s education has a strong practical emphasis and is centered on computer-based information systems. The development of the graduate’s abilities depends heavily on the periods of industry-based learning. The graduates will also be knowledgeable about the foundations of information technology as well as business theory and practice.
Details about the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $49,500 + 2 internship placements
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Be a recent school graduate with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 85 or above (excluding adjustment points), and be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa. Students are predicted to receive an ATAR of about 90 or higher. Depending on the strength of their application and interview, candidates with an ATAR between 80 and 85 (excluding adjustment points) may be considered by the Faculty;
- Apply through UAC for admission to the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-op Scholarship;
- To be eligible, all applicants must submit an online scholarship application through UTS;
- All candidates must be available to participate in a face-to-face or in-person interview.
- Academic merit;
- Eligibility for the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-op Scholarship as shown by the application and interview.
The three-year program includes two industrial assignments with sponsoring companies. Please be aware that awardees must give their assignments their complete commitment:
- First-year students (6 months over the spring semester from July to December), as well as third-year students (6 months over the fall semester from January to July), are required to do an internship.
Application Process for Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program at the University of Technology Sydney
Please apply using the online application form in addition to the UAC application. Applications close on 3 September 2023 for students commencing study in Autumn 2024. Promising applicants will be shortlisted and invited for interviews in September 2023.
UTS Engineering and IT
The Application Deadline is: 03 September 2023