Application is now open for the Cascadia College Global Achievement Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Cascadia College and Scholarship
In Bothell, Washington, on a site shared with the University of Washington Bothell, there is a public community college called Cascadia College. Bothell, Woodinville, Kirkland, Kenmore, Duvall, Carnation, Sammamish, Redmond, and other minor areas in the larger Seattle region were served by Cascadia when it was founded in 2000.
Cascadia provides professional and technical training, two bachelor’s degree programs, continuing education courses, and two two-year associate degree programs. The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities has given Cascadia its accreditation. Cascadia Community College was established in 1999 by legislative mandate after years of preparation. These individuals, who numbered less than a dozen, were in charge of all administrative tasks, such as developing the curriculum and programs of study, appointing teachers and staff, and creating the permanent campus.
A year was spent working in a small office in a business park about a mile from the new Cascadia campus by the four founders of the ground-breaking “Curriculum and Learning Design Team” and the initial staff. Most important decisions were made or publicized around a small communal table in the center of the Cascadia temporary office. All important decisions were debated and decided here.
Following the evaluation of more than 1,100 applicants, only 15 “Founding Faculty” members and 55 Associate (part-time) Faculty members were selected. They would be brought to Bothell in 2000 and trained to participate in this state-of-the-art educational setting.
An associate in Environmental Technology and Sustainable Practices (ETSP) and a bachelor’s of Applied Science in Sustainable Practices (BASSP) are Cascadia’s two sustainability-focused programs. The ETSP program has an emphasis on energy and water, while the BASSP program is more broad and has a project and management focus. Both degrees have a sustainability and environmentalist focus on society and human effect.
Cascadia College is happy to provide new and enrolled foreign students with financial possibilities. The deadline must be met for all scholarship applications for them to be selected. Following the 30th day of the quarter for which the award was received, scholarship funds will be given to beneficiaries. The amount of each Cascadia foreign scholarship varies; they are one-time distributions.
Students who have distinguished themselves academically and in one or more of the following areas—academic merit, leadership, and/or community service—as well as in other areas—are eligible for the Global Achievement Scholarships. Awards are worth each $1,250.
Details about Cascadia College Global Achievement Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Cascadia College, USA
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Cascadia College, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Cascadia College Global Achievement Scholarships
- Candidates must be Cascadia students who are presently enrolled and have taken at least one-quarter of coursework there.
- For the upcoming academic quarter, applicants must be registered for classes.
- To be eligible to apply for the Global Achievement Scholarship in Leadership and/or Community Service in the spring, applicants must first have received the Global Achievement Scholarship in Academic Merit once during the academic year (Summer-Spring).
Required Documents for Application
- Application in full (Necessary). Please use proper grammar and make careful to address every inquiry.
- Statement of Purpose (Necessary): A personal statement (of no more than 500 words) must be submitted by each candidate. Subjects will be determined by scholarship type. Review the scholarship categories below for further information.
- Request Form (Necessary): A minimum of one recommendation letter must be sent however, applicants may submit up to two (2).
- Cascadia Transcript, Unofficial (Required)
Application Procedure for Cascadia College Global Achievement Scholarships
- Fall quarter: August 15
- Winter quarter: November 15
- Spring quarter: February 15