Application is now open for the Central Michigan University International President’s Awards. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Central Michigan University and Scholarship
In Mount Pleasant, Michigan, there lies Central Michigan University (CMU), a public research institution. Founded in 1892 as a private normal school, it was once known as the Central Michigan Normal School and Business Institute. In 1895, the school was given a new name and became a state institution after the Michigan State Board of Education assumed control of its administration. In 1959, under the leadership of Judson W. Foust, the school began to take shape as a university and received its current name, Central Michigan University.
In Michigan, there are eight research universities, and CMU is one of them. CMU provides 200 academic programs at the undergraduate, master’s, specialist, and doctorate levels. These programs cover topics including entrepreneurship, journalism, music, audiology, teacher preparation, psychology, and physician assistant. The School of Engineering and Technology offers Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, and Environmental Engineering programs that are ABET approved. Fall 2013 saw the debut of the CMU College of Medicine.
U.S. News & World Report rates CMU as “selective”. CMU received 18,517 applications for the Class of 2025 (enrolled in fall 2021), and 14,273 (or 77.1%) were admitted. 1,909 of those admitted went on to enroll, with a yield rate of 13.4% (the proportion of accepted students who decide to attend the institution). With 61.7% graduating in less than six years, CMU’s freshman retention rate is 77%. The middle 50% Composite scores for 57% of the incoming freshmen class with SAT results submitted were 1010–1223. The median 50% Composite score of the 10% of freshmen enrolling in 2021 who submitted ACT scores ranged from 19.25 to 26.
The International President’s Awards are being offered by Central Michigan University in the United States for the academic year 2023 to assist students financially while they are pursuing their education. This scholarship is open to all eligible candidates who desire to enroll in any undergraduate degree program at Central Michigan University. The university’s objective is to create, support, and advance a welcoming campus community that supports both the guiding principles and the explicit affirmative action policies.
Details about Central Michigan University International President’s Awards:
Scholarship Sponsor: Central Michigan University, USA
Scholarship Value: $9,024 per year
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Central Michigan University, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Central Michigan University International President’s Awards
- Applications are welcomed from any country in the world.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: Any topic that the institution offers will be eligible for the Central Michigan University International President’s Awards
- Qualification Standards: All of the following requirements must be met by candidates to be considered:
- GPA of 3.3 or above overall (on a US 4.0 scale)
- English proficiency evidence
- 30 college credits minimum completed (required exclusively of transfer students).
Application Procedure for Central Michigan University International President’s Awards
- Candidates must register or log in on the university’s online portal.
- There isn’t a separate application process for the scholarship. Students that are accepted are automatically eligible for this scholarship.
- Supporting Records: The following paperwork is needed from students:
- Authenticated academic records
- Official transcript from high school
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Passport copy
- Visa copy
- Admission Requirements: To get admitted, students must have earned a GPA of 2.8 to 2.99 on a scale of 4.0 or above.
- Students must submit their results from the following English language proficiency exams:
TOEFL PBT score of 550 or above
TOEFL IBT: 213 or above
TOEFL CBT score of 79 or higher
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline: Applications for the program must be submitted before or on August 1, 2023.