Tilburg University is accepting applications for its fully-funded Charity for Charity Scholarship.
About Tilburg University and Scholarship
Tilburg University, situated in Tilburg in the southern part of the Netherlands, is a public research institution renowned for its specialization in the social and behavioral sciences, economics, law, business sciences, theology, and humanities.
The university boasts a diverse student population, with approximately 19,900 students enrolled in its programs. Offering a comprehensive range of 73 Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, including 43 conducted in English, Tilburg University plays a pivotal role in shaping the academic landscape. Each year, the university confers around 120 PhDs, contributing to the advancement of knowledge and research. In 2022, the institution proudly counted 87,477 alumni, reflecting its enduring impact on individuals and communities.
The Charitas Foundation, an institution affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, serves as the custodian of the legacy of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity. This support is extended in alignment with the values and principles upheld by the Congregation, whose origins date back to 1834 under the leadership of Mother Theresia Saelmakers. Inspired by the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi, the Congregation dedicated itself to community service, offering nursing care and education. Their spiritual ethos emphasized assisting others with cheerfulness, simplicity, and, above all, love while sharing the joy of life through prayer and sacrifice. The guiding principle was to help first and then pray.
In continuation of this rich tradition, the Tilburg University Fund Foundation and the Charitas Foundation collaboratively established the Charity for Charity Scholarship. This fund is specifically designed to provide support for studies in the fields of care and religious life at Tilburg University. By nurturing the educational aspirations of students in these domains, the Charity for Charity Fund embodies the enduring commitment to benevolence, learning, and service that defines the legacy of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity.
Details about Charity for Charity Scholarship at Tilburg University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Tilburg University Fund Foundation/Charitas Foundation
Scholarship Value: Full tuition fee waiver + €10,000 living expenses
Number of awards: 5
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Tilburg University, Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria for Charity for Charity Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Charity for Charity Scholarship at Tilburg University:
- Women who identify with the fundamental principles of the Franciscan Sisters of Charity and Catholic social teaching, regardless of their religious background, and who wish to assist the weaker members of society are cordially encouraged to apply for a scholarship.
- To qualify for this scholarship, you have to match one of the following two profiles:
- Women who lead spiritual lives, whether they do so outside of or inside a religious group of any kind. The scholarship grant will be prioritized for these applicants.
- Women attending universities in underdeveloped and emerging nations. Additionally, you have to be dedicated to upholding the Charitas Foundation’s basic principles, which include empathy for the underprivileged, unity, respect for everyone, and service to others.
- Additionally, you ought to wish to help the weaker people by lessening their burden.
Application Procedure for Charity for Charity Scholarship
- On or before April 1, 2024, apply for admission to one of these Master’s programs.
- Kindly be advised that by April 15, 2024, applications will only be accepted from those who have been unconditionally or conditionally accepted into a suitable one-year Master’s degree.
- Summarize your goals and reasons for applying to the Charity scholarship in a motivation letter. Additionally, could you respond to the following queries in the letter?
- What would you contribute to Tilburg University (socially, academically, culturally)?
- Tilburg University’s motto is “Understanding Society”. How would you reflect this on yourself? How do you understand society?
- How could you help the vulnerable/poor ones with your knowledge and experiences?
- What are your career aspirations? And how does your study at Tilburg University help to achieve them?
- What (religious) values do you stick to? And why?
- Please upload the motivation letter and complete Charita’s application web form by April 15, 2024.
- An advisory committee made up of Charitas Foundation board members and Tilburg University will evaluate each submission.
- The results of applications will be communicated to applicants by mid-June 2024.
The Application Deadline is: 30 April 2024