The University of Otago is accepting applications for its partially funded China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship.
About the University of Otago and Scholarship
Why study at the University of Otago? The University of Otago is recognized as one of the most beautiful campuses on the planet, providing students with an unparalleled campus experience and a dynamic, sociable student culture. It has a strict reputation for generating well-rounded, practical, adaptive, and resilient graduates who are highly sought after by companies. Students at the University of Otago are supported by dozens of specialized on-campus support services, ensuring that they get the most out of their time there.
The University of Otago (Mori: Te Whare Wnanga o tkou) is a public research collegiate university in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. Otago University, founded in 1869, is New Zealand’s oldest university and one of Oceania’s oldest.
Outstanding candidates are encouraged to apply for a University of Otago China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand for the academic year 2023. The Ph.D. fellowship is funded by the University of Otago and will be offered to students who intend to pursue a Ph.D. program. The scholars will receive a tuition price remission for up to four years, full-time study only, and a monthly stipend supplement to the equivalent of a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship stipend.
Details about the China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Otago, New Zealand
Scholarship Value: Tuition fee waiver
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Otago, New Zealand
Candidates that are chosen will get a variable sum. The scholarship will include a tuition fee waiver for up to four years of full-time study, a top-up of the China Scholarship Council Scholarship monthly stipend to the value of a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship stipend.
Eligibility Criteria for China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago:
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Courses or subjects that are acceptable: The scholarship will be given for a Ph.D. degree in any topic that the university offers.
- Criteria Acceptable: To be qualified, candidates must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Applicants must fulfill the China Scholarship Council’s eligibility requirements to apply for and receive one of its scholarships.
- Applicants must be accepted into the University of Otago’s Ph.D. program.
- Doctoral and Master’s scholarships are exclusively available to domestic fee-paying students unless otherwise mentioned in these terms or the schedule.
- 3 International applicants pursuing professional doctorates can apply, however, the tuition fee waiver will be capped at the domestic cost if a scholarship is obtained.
- In the case of doctoral scholarship candidates, confirmation of the scholarship is contingent on acceptance of their application for admission to the relevant doctorate program and completion of the enrolling procedure.
- In the case of Master’s scholarship candidates, confirmation of the scholarship is contingent on the approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and the completion of the enrollment procedure.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have at least a two-year master’s degree in a related field of study.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must get the required minimum scores on the following English language competence tests:
IELTS – 6.0
TOEFL IBT – 80
TOEFL PBT – 500
CAE – 176
CPE – 176
PTE Academic – 58
- Academic transcripts
- ID evidence
- Research proposal
- Copy of valid passport
Application Process for China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship
Interested applicants must apply using the university’s official online portal and complete their application process there. Upon approval, approved candidates will get an application to apply for the scholarship. Download the University of Otago Postgraduate Research Scholarship Regulations.
The Submission Deadline: Candidates can apply anytime