Application is now open for the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR and Scholarship
A global research organization with a Canadian base, CIFAR brings together brilliant minds to tackle the most pressing issues confronting mankind and science. The first national AI plan in the world, the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Plan was created and is being led by CIFAR, who was hired by the Canadian government in 2017.
More than 400 researchers from 16 different nations work together at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a worldwide organization established in Canada, to find solutions to some of the most challenging problems the world is now experiencing. Early-career researchers may create networks and acquire crucial skills through the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, which also offers money and assistance. These connections will help them become change-makers and leaders in academia and beyond.
Details about the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme:
Scholarship Sponsor: Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR, Canada
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR, Canada
Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar is given the following:
- A two-year fellowship with a CIFAR research program, a multidisciplinary worldwide network of elite researchers.
- Unrestricted research support of $100,000 Canadian
- Senior researcher mentoring within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities for peer networking, collaboration, and community building throughout the research programs of CIFAR.
- Two cross-cohort yearly meetings, specialized leadership and communication skills training, and assistance in putting those abilities to use.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme:
- The only requirements are that applicants have a Ph.D. (or an equivalent degree) and are no more than five years removed from their first full-time academic post.
- The topics of an acceptable CIFAR research program must correspond to the academic interests of the scholars.
Call for applications opens.
October 30, 2023
11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7)
By January 31, 2024
Finalists who have been shortlisted are contacted and invited to a virtual interview. After the finalists have confirmed their presence, all additional candidates will be contacted.
March 20-21, 2024
Shortlisted finalists are notified and invited to attend a virtual interview. All other applicants will be notified after the finalists have confirmed their attendance.
By March 29, 2024
CIFAR publicly announces the 2024 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars.
June 12-14, 2024 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars annual meeting
Application Process for Canadian Institute for Advanced Research CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme
Interested and eligible applicants should log in or register for the scholarship here. They welcome early-career research leaders who can participate in any of the subsequent CIFAR research programs to submit applications:
You can also visit the CIFAR website. for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: October 30, 2023