Application is now open for the CRC TiME First Nations HDR Top-up Scholarships at the University of Queensland. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Queensland and Scholarship
A variety of support and student services are maintained by the University of Queensland. Student centers on the campuses in St. Lucia and Gatton offer assistance and information.
Top-up scholarships are currently accepting applications from First Nations students pursuing higher degrees via research. HDR applicants who hold another type of base scholarship, such as an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship or an equivalent, will get additional funding from these top-up scholarships.
Make a difference by leading research in mine closure
Ever consider what transpires when a mine shuts and how it impacts Traditional Owners, communities, the environment, and nearby businesses?
As part of the Australian Government’s innovative CRC Program, which is renowned worldwide, the Cooperative Research Centre for Transformations in Mining Economies (CRC TiME) was founded as an independent research organization. The project work with more than 75 different partners.
In essence, their job is to rethink and assist in the transformation of post-mine transitions by establishing connections between the top scholars in Australia and business, government, and regional and First Nations communities and organizations. To ensure long-term benefits for individuals, communities, the environment, and industry, they take on some of the most difficult difficulties related to mine closure and post-transitions.
Embedding Indigeneity and First Nations co-design into all they do
By creating innovative research methods, they are attempting to secure First Nations inclusion. A First Nations Inclusion Strategy, a First Nations Advisory Team, and a commitment to assisting Indigenous students all serve as the foundation for CRC TiME.
Details about CRC TiME First Nations HDR Top-up Scholarships at the University of Queensland:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $60,000 total
Number of awards: Varies
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Enrolment status: Current UQ student
Each scholarship will be worth a total of $60,000 for up to three years and will cover the following:
- A three-year stipend of $10,000 each year to help with living expenses
- $5,000 per year operations budget to spend on supplies, conference costs, etc.
- $15,000 one-time reimbursement for expenditures related to a single research placement or spread over many shorter placements, up to a maximum of $15,000. This will provide you with time set aside for a site visit.
The scholarly strategy seeks to strengthen ties between academics and various business sectors, local and First Nations organizations, and other organizations participating in post-mining transitions.
- You will join the project’s cohort of HDR students from throughout Australia, which is increasing.
- You have the chance to complete a placement at a CRC TiME partner organization to broaden your knowledge, develop your network, and obtain real-world experience.
- Events, forums, and activities hosted by CRC TiME are open to you.
Eligibility Criteria for CRC TiME First Nations HDR Top-up Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the CRC TiME First Nations HDR Top-up Scholarships at the University of Queensland:
- You are a First Nations student who is currently enrolled full-time in a Ph.D., professional doctorate, MPhil, or equivalent at one of the school partner universities (Curtin University, Federation University, Flinders University, Murdoch University, The University of Queensland, University of South Australia, or The University of Western Australia).
- The topic of your proposed research will be anything that has to do with mine closure and post-mining transitions, such as:
- Social sciences
- Other areas that are pertinent to mine transition and closure
Application Process for CRC TiME First Nations HDR Top-up Scholarships
Email your interest to email@example.com and they will be in touch shortly.