TU Dortmund University is now accepting applications for its partially funded DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships.
About TU Dortmund University and Scholarship
Technische Universität Dortmund, often known as TU Dortmund University, is a technical university in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It enrolls more than 35,000 students and employs more than 6,000 people, including 300 professors. It offers over 80 Bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. The Ruhr region, the fourth-largest metropolitan area in Europe, is where it is located. The institution has a strong reputation for doing cutting-edge research in the fields of physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, and economics. The institution had a key role in the development of both the Internet and machine learning (particularly support-vector machines and RapidMiner).
During the fall of the coal and steel industries in the Ruhr area, the University of Dortmund (German: Universität Dortmund) was established in 1968. Its founding was seen as a crucial step in the economic transition from heavy industry to technology (Strukturwandel). The natural sciences, engineering, pedagogy/teacher preparation in a wide range of topics, special education, and journalism make up the majority of the university’s research interests. Although the University of Dortmund was initially intended to be a technical institution, in 1980 it amalgamated with the nearby Pädagogische Hochschule Ruhr, which contained primarily humanities departments.
The 11th Federation of International Robot-soccer Association (FIRA) RoboWorld Cup was held at The University of Dortmund in 2006. The robot soccer squad from the university, the Dortmund Droids, finished third in 2003 and was crowned vice-world champion in 2002. The University of Dortmund became TU Dortmund University on November 1, 2007. Together with the University of Duisburg-Essen and the Ruhr University Bochum, the University is a participant in the collaboration initiative known as “University Alliance Ruhr.”
International students who are enrolled and doctorate candidates from abroad can get graduation scholarships from TU Dortmund University all year long. The graduation award is intended to assist overseas students who, through no fault of their own, are experiencing financial difficulties so they can complete their education.
Scholarships for graduation are only available to students and doctoral candidates who have submitted their theses and who need financial assistance, that is, have less than 450.00 EUR in their bank accounts.
Details about DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships at TU Dortmund University:
Scholarship Sponsor: TU Dortmund University, Germany
Scholarship Value: Tuition fee
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral
Host Institution(s): TU Dortmund University, Germany
- For international undergraduate and graduate students, financial aid ranges from 250.00 EUR to 861.0 EUR.
- The support ranges from 250.00 to 1200.00 EUR for Ph.D. students who are foreign.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships
- You have to be a student at TU Dortmund,
- You must reside in Dortmund or close by.
- You must provide evidence of your strong academic accomplishments, such as publications, awards, and study duration.
- You must demonstrate a particular social circumstance or the need for financial assistance.
Required Documents for Application
- Completed application form
- Registration confirmation for your final thesis (page 9 of the application; to be completed by the Examinations Office, i.e., Prüfungsamt),
- A replica of your residence certificate,
- Current student identification card,
- The tabular curriculum vitae,
- Transcripts of Records with the Average Grade
- Proof of a barred account, a court order to pay, a scholarship, or income,
- Bank statements over the previous three months would serve as evidence of your need for financial assistance.
- Bank statements from your spouse, if any,
- A replica, if applicable, of your most recent employment contract.
Application Process for DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarships
The Submission Deadline is: November 15, 2023.