Application is now open for the University of Konstanz Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Konstanz and Scholarship
The German city of Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg is home to the University of Konstanz (German: Universität Konstanz). After being established in 1966, it opened its main campus on the Gießberg in 1972. The institution, which is four kilometers from the Swiss border and located on the edge of Lake Constance, is the southernmost university in Germany. It is now one of Germany’s top “Universities of Excellence,” a collection of illustrious institutions sometimes referred to as the German Ivy League, having been successful in all three financing streams of the Excellence Initiative.
According to the 2020 QS World Institution Rankings, the institution is listed among the top 100 universities in the world in the subject of social policy and administration, while it is ranked 51 in the field of political science by the 2020 Shanghai Ranking.
The University of Konstanz is referred to as a “small Harvard” by the US Department of Energy. In addition, the University of Konstanz collaborates with other esteemed institutions, including Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, the Universities of Chicago, Berkeley, and Zurich, as well as the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
The institution maintains over 220 relationships with European universities and various foreign exchange programs in addition to having over 11,500 students from about 100 different countries, which facilitates worldwide networking. More than 100-degree programs are available for students to select from. There are more than two million volumes in its 24-hour library.
The University of Konstanz is encouraging foreign students who are interested in earning degrees to apply for the Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships and perhaps gain the opportunity to study in Germany. Students that apply to study in 2023 will be given the scholarships. This incredible scholarship will be given to about 25 foreign students, or more/less, who have been accepted and enrolled in a degree program at the undergraduate or graduate level at the University of Konstanz. The scholarship grant is for 300 euros per month, payable for up to two semesters of study.
Details about Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships at the University of Konstanz:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Konstanz, Germany
Scholarship Value: EUR 300
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate or Graduate
Host Institution(s): University of Konstanz, Germany
Eligibility Criteria for University of Konstanz Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships at the University of Konstanz:
- Students from all around the world who are of any nationality can apply.
- Courses at the University of Konstanz that are offered as undergraduate or graduate degrees are eligible.
- The following requirements must be met by candidates to be considered:
- The candidates must be able to provide evidence of quantifiable academic (or educational) success.
- The candidates must fulfill the academic prerequisites for the course they want to take at the University of Konstanz to be admitted.
- A B2 level of competence in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required of applicants. A test that the university accepts must be submitted.
- A valid passport or other form of identification, valid during the duration of the visit to Germany
- Passport images for paperwork and ID cards
- German or English version of proof of health insurance
- Certified copies of your academic credentials, translated into German or English
- Marriage and birth certificates in German or an English translation.
- Copies of their children’s birth certificates and certified translations of those documents (if necessary and appropriate, with an apostille or other type of legalization).
Application Procedure for University of Konstanz Deutschlandstipendium Scholarships
Students must submit their admissions applications on the university portal. Interested students can begin their scholarship applications here. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: 31st October 2023