Application is now open for the Doctors & Co Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
A brutalist building with concrete square and block shapes is the University of Technology Sydney Tower on Broadway (Building 1). Initially housing the NSW Institute of Technology until changing to house UTS in the late 1980s, the Tower was finished and formally inaugurated in 1979 by Premier Neville Wran. In a poll conducted by The Sydney Morning Herald in October 2006, 22% of voters chose the UTS Tower as Sydney’s most unsightly structure. In terms of height and floor area, The Tower is the biggest building on campus.
The UTS Library and Reading Room is located in Building 2 (UTS Central), and the UTS Library website offers a variety of online services.
With a focus on modern Australian and Indigenous art, the UTS Gallery and Art Collection has approximately 850 pieces. The collection’s artworks are on exhibit in each building on the UTS campus as well. The university’s collection of digital and new media works has been growing. Large-scale digital artworks by well-known Australian artists are displayed on a 12-meter wide digital screen at UTS Central.
According to data from the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC), the Bachelor of Business degree at UTS was the second-most popular program in the state in 2023, with 877 applicants designating it as their top choice. The eighth most popular course, with 649 applications, was the bachelor of nursing degree. UTS was placed 11th globally in nursing, 25th in arts and design, and 29th globally in sport and exercise by the QS World University Rankings in 2021. For accounting and finance, architecture, civil engineering, communication & media studies, computer science, electrical engineering, and law, UTS is listed among the top 100 universities in the world.
A starting student from the Greater Western Region (Sydney, New South Wales), who can demonstrate one or more disadvantages, and who is from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (C&LD) background, may be eligible for the Doctors & Co Scholarship. The scholarship intends to help students with the expenditures of attending an undergraduate or graduate degree at the UTS Business School or Faculty of Health.
Details about Doctors & Co Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Doctors & Co Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for the Doctors & Co Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or humanitarian protection visa;
- Be residing in the Greater Western Sydney Region at the time of applying;
- Be enrolled or intending to enroll full-time in a UTS Health or Business undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree:
- Apply for a University Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate one or more educational barriers:
- Cite a few of the following barriers to higher education, including:
- Caregiver obligations
- A medical disadvantage
- Being the only parent
- Problems with the English language
- Refugee standing
- Financial difficulty
- Be from a background that falls within one of the following categories of cultural and linguistic diversity (C&LD):
- Either immigrated to Australia or fled there as a refugee from a non-English-speaking nation;
- Is the child of immigrant parents who are themselves from such a nation;
- Candidates must present documentation of their origin or affinity with a varied range of cultures and languages: Birth certificates, refugee visas, letters of confirmation from the president or chairperson of any cultural community group you are a part of, along with the group’s common seal, and documentation proving that both of the applicant’s parents are immigrants from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- All applicants must submit an online application for a UTS scholarship along with a curriculum vitae explaining their education and employment history to date.
- Additionally, they must be willing to participate in an interview (either in person or online).
As evidenced by the interview and application for the scholarship:
- Determination to achieve in their UTS degree program
- Demonstrated initiative to look for possibilities to enhance both their personal and professional life.
- Inspiration to give back to the community
Application Procedure for Doctors & Co Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney
The Application Deadline is: 27 September 2023