Application is now open for the Durham University Business School Masters Achievement Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications.
About Durham University and Scholarship
Durham University, also known as the University of Durham, is a prestigious collegiate public research university situated in Durham, England. Founded through an Act of Parliament in 1832 and officially incorporated by royal charter in 1837, it holds the distinction of being the first recognized university to open in England in over 600 years, following the traditions of Oxford and Cambridge. Consequently, it is recognized as the third-oldest university in England.
Durham University follows the collegiate system, where its responsibilities are divided between the academic departments and its 17 distinct colleges. The departments are primarily involved in research and imparting education, while the colleges are entrusted with students’ domestic arrangements and welfare.
The university is a proud member of the esteemed Russell Group, a consortium of leading research universities in the United Kingdom. Furthermore, it maintains affiliations with regional groups like the N8 Research Partnership and international networks such as the Matariki Network of Universities and the Coimbra Group.
Durham University’s extensive estate encompasses 83 listed buildings, including the historic Durham Castle, which dates back to the 11th century, and the modernist student union building from the 1960s. Additionally, the university is the steward of the Durham World Heritage Site, in partnership with Durham Cathedral. This heritage site includes notable landmarks like Durham Castle, Palace Green, and the surrounding historic structures, including Cosin’s Library.
The university boasts a distinguished academic community, featuring numerous esteemed faculty members. Many of them hold prestigious titles and memberships, including Fellows of the Royal Society, the British Academy, the Academy of Social Sciences, the Royal Society of Edinburgh, the Royal Society of Arts, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Academy of Medical Sciences.
Graduates of Durham University are recognized by the use of the Latin post-nominal letters “Dunelm” after their degrees, indicating their connection to or origin from Durham. Durham University’s Strategic Plan for 2017–2027 outlines ambitious targets, including achieving a position in the top 5 nationally on the Times/Sunday Times league table, ensuring that 50 percent of eligible subjects are ranked in the top 50 globally on the QS world rankings, and securing a place among the top three institutions in the UK by citations per academic staff member.
As part of its commitment to excellence, the university offers a comprehensive package of scholarships that serve to honor and support outstanding candidates who apply for its Master’s programs. These scholarships are designed to celebrate and reward exceptional individuals who are pursuing higher education at Durham University.
Details about Durham University Business School Masters Achievement Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Durham University, UK
Scholarship Value: Only tuition fees, up to GBP 7,500
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Durham University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Durham University Business School Masters Achievement Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for Durham University Business School Masters Achievement Scholarships:
- Educational Background: Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree, or its international equivalent, at an institution located outside the United Kingdom (UK). Additionally, they should possess an outstanding academic track record.
- Diverse Contributions: Eligible candidates are expected to have the potential to make valuable contributions to all aspects of the Master’s program and enhance the diverse academic and cultural makeup of the program’s class. They should also demonstrate the potential to become exemplary alumni ambassadors, contributing positively to the university, organizations, and communities.
- Community Engagement: Candidates should exhibit a history of involvement in volunteering or community support activities, reflecting their commitment to making a difference in the community.
- Program Application: Applicants must complete the application process for their chosen Master’s program in full. Furthermore, they should hold a conditional offer from the university by the specified deadlines.
- Candidates must be fully self-funding their education to be eligible for the tuition fee discount.
Application Procedure for Durham University Business School Masters Achievement Scholarships
There is no need to submit a separate scholarship application; all Durham University Business School Masters program offer holders for October 2024 enrollment will be automatically evaluated for relevant scholarships. Scholarships will be applied as a reduction to the program’s total tuition cost. You can visit the application portal for more details.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified