Application is now open for the EASS Patrons Higher Degree Research International Awards at the Australian National University. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Australian National University and Scholarship
In Australia, calls to create a national university date back to the year 1900. The ANU was given land at the base of Black Mountain in the Walter Burley Griffin city plans when Canberra’s site was chosen as the nation’s capital in 1908. The Australian National University Act of 1946 was eventually passed by the Chifley administration on August 1, 1946, after planning for the institution was interrupted by World War II but restarted with the establishment of the Department of Post-War Reconstruction in 1942.
Eminent Australian academics like Sir Howard Florey, who co-developed medicinal penicillin, Sir Mark Oliphant, an expert in nuclear physics who participated in the Manhattan Project, and Sir Keith Hancock, the Chichele Professor of Economic History at Oxford, all returned from abroad to join the university. A New Zealander named Sir Raymond Firth, an anthropology professor at LSE who had previously lived and worked for a while in Australia was also a member of the group.
The Research School of Social Sciences (RSSS) and the Research School of Humanities and the Arts (RSHA) are two divisions of the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences. The RSSS houses schools and centers for history, philosophy, sociology, politics and international relations, demography, Arab and Islamic studies, and European studies in addition to the Australian National Centre for Latin American Studies, the Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research, and the ANU Centre for Social Research and Methods.
Up to four awards are being proudly announced for students from all around the world by the College of Arts and Social Sciences at Australian National University. The award’s purpose is to support full-time students who have shown a high level of potential for success in their chosen area of artistic practice and are currently enrolled in the last year of a Higher Degree through a Research program provided by the School of Art.
Details about EASS Patrons Higher Degree Research International Awards at Australian National University:
Scholarship Sponsor: ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
Scholarship Value: Educational Fund
Number of awards: 4
Study level: Research
Host Institution(s): Australian National University
Eligibility Criteria for EASS Patrons Higher Degree Research International Awards
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the EASS Patrons Higher Degree Research International Awards at the Australian National University:
- Applicants from all around the world are welcome to submit applications.
- Acceptable Subject Areas for a Course: Research at a higher level at the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Admissible Requirements: The candidates must satisfy each of the following requirements to be considered: a student, whether they are indigenous or foreign;
- A continuing student at the Australian National University who meets the following requirements will be eligible for the award each year: they must be a domestic or international student;
- They must have finished at least 48 units of a Master of Philosophy program in the School of Art or 96 units of a Doctor of Philosophy program in the School of Art.
- Candidates must fulfill all of this university’s entry requirements to be considered for admission.
- Language Requirement: If the applicant does not speak English as their first language, they must establish their proficiency in the language by passing the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Academic transcripts, original or copies
- Demonstration of language ability
- Copy of the name page from a passport
- A brief CV and a few more supporting papers.
Application Process for EASS Patrons Higher Degree Research International Awards
Participants in a higher degree of research at the institution are required to apply for the prize. Once enrolled, they should apply via the program application portal. The application must be submitted electronically using the required form, and the aforementioned supporting documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
The Submission Deadline is: 15 September 2023