Application is now open for Swansea University Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS). Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Swansea University and Scholarship
Swansea University, or Prifysgol Abertawe in Welsh, is a public research institution with its main campus in Swansea, Wales, in the United Kingdom. It was established as the fourth college of the University of Wales in 1920 and given the name University College of Swansea. The University of Wales Swansea became its new name in 1996 as a result of organizational changes made inside the University of Wales. The University of Wales became a non-membership confederal organization on September 1, 2007, and the previous members became universities in their own right. At that time, the name Swansea University was legally adopted.
Utilize a sports scholarship package to fulfill your sporting goals. For the Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS), Swansea University is accepting applications. All high-caliber athletes from any sport, both domestically and abroad, are eligible for the financing opportunity. Talented overseas students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree at Swansea University are encouraged by the financing scheme.
Details about Swansea University Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS):
Scholarship Sponsor: Swansea University, UK
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): Swansea University, UK
Swansea University will provide all the following study expenses:
- A three-year, £5,000 per year tuition stipend for undergraduate education
- A renowned dual career spot on the university’s high-performance program, with academic flexibility and assistance offered by the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS)
- You will receive personalized, one-on-one assistance from a committed practitioner of the performance lifestyle.
- A strength and conditioning program that is unique to you, with workouts suited to your requirements.
- Help from sports psychology.
- Nutritional assistance.
- Help from osteopathy and physiotherapy.
- On-site access to CT and MRI scans
- Individualized therapy for sports injuries.
- Fitness evaluation.
- Training in anti-doping.
- Access to a range of programs created to help people balance two careers, improve performance, and boost employment and future career planning.
- Free use of the university’s fitness center and pool
- On the Singleton and Bay Campuses, there is free on-site parking.
Eligibility Criteria for Swansea University Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS)
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Swansea University Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS):
- All nationalities are eligible.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: The grant will be given out via the university’s sports program.
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements below to be eligible:
- Only full-time, foreign undergraduate students who are paying tuition fees will be eligible for the scholarships. The scholarship winner must pay for their own academic expenses. For fee reasons, the scholarship winner must be categorized as an international student. The Scholarship must be terminated if the fee status changes at any stage while the offer is still active.
- This scholarship is not open to students who enroll in a foundation course. The College Swansea University (Navitas) offers foundation year programs that are delivered separately and have their terms and conditions. They are also ineligible if they have transferred from The College Swansea University (Navitas).
- Only students who compete in the high-performance identified sports are eligible for the scholarships: football, hockey, rugby for men, swimming for men and women, and table tennis for men and women.
- The applicants must fulfill the prerequisites for the Swansea University programs they desire to enroll in.
- The English language requirements for admission to Swansea University should be met.
Application Procedure for Swansea University Elite International Sports Scholarship (EISS)
If interested in applying, please email the school an expression of interest. Include the following:
- The academic program of interest
Note: Transcripts from prior coursework and a copy of the applicant’s passport are required.
The Application Deadline is: 01 March 2024