Application is now open for the Engineering International Excellence Scholarships at the University of Sheffield. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Sheffield and Scholarship
Informally known as Sheffield University or TUOS, the University of Sheffield is a public research university located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Its founding dates include 1828 when Sheffield Medical School was established, 1879 when Firth College was established, and 1884 when Sheffield Technical School was established. The three colleges were eventually combined to become the University College of Sheffield, which was later given a royal charter as the University of Sheffield by King Edward VII in 1905.
50 academic departments are grouped into five faculties, plus an international faculty, to comprise Sheffield. With an expenditure of £889.5 million, the institution’s yearly income for 2021–22 was £817 million, of which £204.8 million came from grants and contracts for research.
At the 150-acre Advanced Manufacturing Park, which is home to over 125 businesses including BAE Systems, Boeing, Rolls-Royce, and Airbus, the university—known for conducting engineering research that is among the best in the world—leads partnerships with Harvard and MIT and collaborations with Harvard and MIT. According to recent statistics released by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), Sheffield now tops the UK for income and investment in engineering research and is among the top ten institutions in the country for research grant money.
The institution is a founding member of the esteemed Russell Group and one of the first red-brick universities. Additionally, it is a member of the White Rose University Consortium, the N8 Group of Northern England’s eight most research-intensive institutions, and the Worldwide institutions Network. For the past fifteen years, QS has placed Sheffield between 66th and 104th among all universities in the world. Sheffield was ranked ninth overall in the UK by ARWU and 22nd in Europe by THE for teaching excellence. According to the most recent Research Excellence Framework 2021, Sheffield is placed 11th in the UK for research power, which is determined by multiplying the institution’s GPA by the total number of full-time equivalent personnel submitted.
The scholarship will be given to undergraduate students with abroad fee status who meet or surpass the academic requirements of its normal UCAS offer. Candidates will be eligible for the Excellence Scholarship if they earn A-level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country).
Details about Engineering International Excellence Scholarships at the University of Sheffield:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarship Value: Up to GBP 3,000 towards tuition fees
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Sheffield, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering International Excellence Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for Engineering International Excellence Scholarships at the University of Sheffield:
- The applicants for Engineering International Excellence Scholarships should be from abroad.
- The departments of mechanical engineering, automatic control and systems engineering, bioengineering, MEng engineering, chemical and biological engineering, civil and structural engineering, electronic and electrical engineering, computer science, and aerospace engineering should have made an offer of a spot to the candidates.
- In September 2023, the candidates should start their undergraduate studies at the university.
- The candidates have to be self-supporting and classified as foreign for fee considerations.
- The award is open to both full-time and part-time students.
- The online learners are not qualified.
- If a student is eligible for partial financing from an outside source, the Engineering International Excellence Scholarships will not be given.
- Application for the scholarship does not need to be submitted separately by the candidates.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the first year of study without conditions.
- To keep earning the scholarship, candidates must maintain a 60% or above average.
Application Procedure for Engineering International Excellence Scholarships
Your academic performance will determine the award amount. For further information, send an email to the undergraduate admissions team at the department of your choice.
- Automatic Control & Systems Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chemical & Biological Engineering: email@example.com
- Civil & Structural Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering: email@example.com
- Materials Science & Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mechanical Engineering: email@example.com
- Aerospace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bioengineering: email@example.com
- General Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the school about your eligibility if you start school immediately in year 2 at the relevant email address shown above.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified