Application is now open for the Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Erasmus University and Scholarship
Erasmus University Rotterdam is a public research university in Rotterdam, the Netherlands (abbreviated as EUR; Dutch: Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam [ersms ynivrsitit rtrdm]). The university is named for the theologian and humanist Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, who lived in the 15th century.
The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is funded by Erasmus University Rotterdam and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science. International students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to study for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands are eligible for the scholarship. Students from Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway are included in the EEA and hence are not eligible to apply.
Details about Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science/Erasmus University Rotterdam
Scholarship Value: € 10.000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Erasmus University, University
Courses: BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics, International Econometrics and Operations Research, International Economics and Business Economics
The €10.000 Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is divided into two installments of €5.000 for tuition reduction and €5.000 for the student to receive over 10 months. The student’s award of € 5.000 can be applied against the € 5,000 living fee deposit needed for the immigration process.
This implies that if you are given an Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, you must send the remaining portion of your tuition price, along with the remaining deposit for living expenses, by May 15.
Eligibility Criteria for Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
Candidates are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship for International Students:
- Must be a citizen of a nation outside the European Economic Area (EEA);
- Must never have attended a Dutch educational institution as a full-time student previously;
- Must be chosen for one of the following programs*:
- Bachelor of International Economics and Business Economics
- Bachelor of International Econometrics and Operations Research
- Double bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics
- To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must be enrolled in one of the aforementioned bachelor’s programs at Erasmus School of Economics at StudielinkOpens external and have all required application materials filed by March 1 via the EUR Application Portal.
- If a math weakness is discovered during the bachelor application process, the applicant must pass the mathematics entrance exam in either February or March with a satisfactory score.
- Must have attained outstanding academic scores during secondary school. This translates to a minimum final grade of 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- If you are awarded the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, you must be able to explain why this scholarship will increase your ability to attend the Erasmus School of Economics by including a thorough financial statement outlining your financial situation and how you intend to pay for your studies (i.e., pay for both your tuition and remaining living expenses)
- The immigration application must be finished before May 15. The remaining tuition price plus the remaining portion of the living charge deposit plus the IND handling fee must be sent by the deadline of May 15 to complete the immigration process. Please refer to the section below on “amount and payment” as well as the webpage on immigration procedures for prospective students for further details.
- Must ultimately enroll no later than the first day of classes in the academic year for which the scholarship is being asked for.
* The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship will only be given to students who have received a selection offer; a selection offer is not necessary at the time of application.
Interview Date, and Process for Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
The application will be available from November 1 through March 1 (cutoff: February 28, 23:59). Please note that late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be taken into consideration.
After March 1st, the applications will be examined. A formal email will be sent to each candidate informing them of the results of their scholarship application. Details about the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship will be sent in the email that nominated you. Beginning in April, all emails will be sent.
The following papers must be ready to apply for the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship:
- A maximum of two A4 pages should be devoted to your purpose for attending Erasmus School of Economics, proof that you are an exceptional student, and how receiving the scholarship would increase your chances of attending.
- Describe your financial condition and the need for the scholarship in your financial statement.
- Budget: a summary of your financial plans if you acquire an Erasmus University Certified copy of your most recent academic transcript.
- Your academic institution’s certified statement attesting to your GPA. You can use the GPA template paper shown below for this. A statement provided by your home university may also be used, but it must contain the same details as the standard statement.
Application Procedure for Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
Log in or register for the scholarship here. Once you have assembled all the necessary information, you can submit your application online via Osiris studentOpens external. You can find a detailed outline ‘How to apply for a scholarship in Osiris’ (pdf).
You can also visit the Erasmus University website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: February 28, 2024