The University of Toronto is now accepting applications for its partially funded F.W. Minkler Scholarship.
About the University of Toronto and Scholarship
A public research institution called the University of Toronto (UToronto or U of T) is situated on the Queen’s Park grounds in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The first college in Upper Canada was established by royal license as King’s College in 1827. The university took on its current name in 1850 after becoming a secular institution and being run initially by the Church of England. As a collegiate institution, it consists of 11 colleges, each of which has a high degree of autonomy on institutional finances and matters of character. Three campuses are maintained by the university, the oldest of which, St. George, is situated in the heart of Toronto. Scarborough and Mississauga are home to the other two satellite campuses.
There are more than 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate degrees offered at the University of Toronto. Along with McGill University, the university is one of only two members of the Association of American Universities outside of the United States and gets the greatest endowment and financing for scientific research of any Canadian university each year. The Toronto School of literary criticism and communication theory, commonly known as the University of Toronto, is renowned for its academically significant movements and courses. With about 97,000 students, it has the most students of any institution in Canada.
The institution placed 22nd overall and first in Canada in the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities (commonly known as the Shanghai Ranking). The institution was placed first in Canada and twenty-first overall in the 2023 QS World Institution Rankings. According to SCImago Institutions Rankings, it was placed 11th among all institutions in the globe in 2019. The institution was placed first in Canada and 18th overall in the 2023 Times Higher Education World Institution Rankings.
The university was ranked 19th worldwide in the Times’ 2020 reputational rating. The institution was placed first in Canada and 18th overall in the 2022–23 U.S. News & World Report Best Global Institution Ranking. The University of Toronto was placed second in Maclean’s magazine’s 2022–2023 medical doctoral university category.
An outstanding undergraduate student at the University of Toronto who exhibits extraordinary integrity, academic brilliance, and a substantial effect on the university community is awarded the F.W. Minkler Scholarship. The scholarship is available to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in All Subjects. The deadline for applications is February 1, 2024. This F.W. Minkler Scholarship is offered by the University of Toronto and has a $1,000 Partial Funding value. Any citizen may apply for this scholarship.
Details about The F.W. Minkler Scholarship at the University of Toronto:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, $1,000
Number of Awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Eligibility Criteria for The F.W. Minkler Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the F.W. Minkler Scholarship at the University of Toronto:
- The recipient must be qualified to receive the Donald Forster Award, according to the Office of Student Awards’ selection committee’s recommendation.
- Full-time students should apply in their second to last year of study, and part-time students should apply when they are at a similar stage of their degree program.
- To be eligible for the grant, students must submit one application only.
Application Procedure for The F.W. Minkler Scholarship
- All in-course awards will be given out in the Winter term beginning in Fall 2023 and Winter 2024. There is only one application needed. One U of T Student Award Application Form can be used to submit applications for various grants. Before choosing the award, please be sure to review the award requirements.
Notification of Decision:
- The University Registrar’s Office will send an award letter to awardees via email one month following the application deadline, on average.
- The award letter, which will provide details on the award payout, should be saved for future use.
The Submission Deadline is: 01 February 2024