Application is now open for the Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships at the University of Sydney. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Sydney and Scholarship
The University of Sydney, commonly known as Sydney University or Sydney Uni, stands as Australia’s oldest and one of its most prestigious public research universities. Established in 1850, this institution holds a prominent place among the nation’s sandstone universities. It has been a trailblazer in the realm of higher education, notably among the first in the world to admit students based solely on academic merit and to grant equal access to both men and women.
The university encompasses eight academic faculties and university schools, offering a comprehensive array of undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. With a rich history and a dedication to academic excellence, it has seen numerous accomplished individuals pass through its halls, including Nobel and Crafoord laureates among both graduates and faculty. Furthermore, it has played a pivotal role in shaping Australia’s leadership, counting eight Australian prime ministers, governors-general, premiers of New South Wales, High Court justices (including chief justices), Rhodes Scholars, and Gates Scholars among its alumni.
Beyond its national impact, the University of Sydney is a member of esteemed international academic associations like the Group of Eight, CEMS, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships program is designed to support both domestic and international students who aspire to undertake postgraduate research within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
Details about Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships at the University of Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $7,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
The Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships at the University of Sydney offers a comprehensive package of support to eligible recipients, which includes the following benefits:
- A one-time stipend allowance amounting to $7,000 for those enrolled on a full-time basis.
- Coverage of academic tuition fees for international students, applicable to the research period(s) in alignment with the award period(s).
Additionally, for recipients who are enrolled on a part-time basis, the scholarship provides a stipend allowance of $3,500. This amount is disbursed over six months, typically in two installments of $3,500 each.
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships at the University of Sydney:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research course within the Faculty of Science at the time of application.
- They must not have reached the maximum candidature for their degree according to the University of Sydney’s Higher Degree by Research Rule 2011 Policy as of the application closing date.
- Applicants should not currently hold another primary scholarship for the intended duration of this Scholarship.
- For MPhil recipients, candidates must have completed at least 1.5 Equivalent Full Time Student Load (EFTSL) of candidature, while PhD recipients must have completed at least 3 EFTSL of candidature.
- Applicants must have a reasonable expectation of submitting their thesis within 6 months from the commencement of the award.
- Thesis submissions shouldn’t have been made by the application deadline.
- Candidates must meet specific standards to be admitted, such as having an honors degree with a First Class or Second Class Upper classification, or an equivalent degree. Furthermore, obtaining a master’s degree is a valid requirement.
- The ability to communicate in English is a prerequisite for this scholarship, and candidates must provide results from accredited English language competency exams. An acceptable score of 6.5 on the IELTS, for example, can be used to demonstrate English ability.
The following paperwork must be brought to the university by the students:
- Scholarship records
- English-language outcomes
- Transcripts of studies
- Marriage, a certificate of name change, or identity
- Degree Credentials
Application Procedure for Faculty of Science Completion International Scholarships
The Application Deadline is: 24 October 2023