Application is now open for the Global Curtin Merit Scholarships at Curtin University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Curtin University and Scholarship
Why should I enroll at Curtin University? In Western Australia, it tops the list of public institutions for both graduate results and employer satisfaction. It conducts research in a variety of academic and applied areas.
In Bentley, Perth, Western Australia, Curtin University, originally the Curtin University of Technology and Western Australian Institute of Technology (WAIT), is a public research institution. The largest university in Western Australia, which is expected to enroll 59,939 students by 2021, is named for John Curtin, an Australian prime minister from 1941 to 1945.
Following the passage of legislation by the Western Australian Parliament in 1986, Curtin was granted university status. Since then, the institution has grown, now having campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, and Mauritius, as well as connections to 90 other exchange universities in 20 different nations. The institution has 95 expert centers spread throughout its five main faculties. From 2005 until 2016, it had a campus in Sydney.
International students may enroll in the program if they are starting a full undergraduate or master’s degree through coursework at Curtin in Australia. A 25% first-year tuition fee reduction will be given to chosen students.
Details about Global Curtin Merit Scholarships at Curtin University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Curtin University
Scholarship Value: 25% off the first year of tuition
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Curtin University
- Covers no more than 25% of the first-year tuition charge and no more than 200 credit points.
- May only be fully applied to students who are finishing at least 400 credits in their major course.
- Consists of no more than 25% of the first-semester tuition cost for students who are finishing at least 300 credit points in their major course.
- Covers just tuition costs
- By the study period’s census date, be deposited to the recipient’s fee account.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Curtin Merit Scholarships
- All nations, except Australians, are eligible.
- Courses or Subjects Acceptable: For undergraduate and graduate study in the following faculties, Global Curtin Merit Scholarships will be given:
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Business and Law
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Science & Engineering: Science courses; Engineering courses; Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- The candidates must also fulfill each of the following requirements to be considered:
- All undergraduate degrees are accessible to international students, except bachelor’s degrees in medicine and surgery.
- Every postgraduate degree (master’s solely via coursework) accessible to students abroad
- Students studying for the first time at Curtin’s campuses in Western Australia in 2023 who are foreign, fee-paying, and unsponsored.
- Students from any country outside of Australia who has achieved or above the higher academic cut-off score established by Curtin expressly for this Scholarship.
- Students who are starting a full Curtin undergraduate program or a master’s via coursework (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery students are excluded)
Application Process for Global Curtin Merit Scholarships
- No additional scholarship application is necessary.
- Students are welcome to apply for the Curtin program online via Curtin University’s registered education agents or apply directly to Curtin online.
- The Global Curtin Merit Scholarships are automatically applied to all eligible Curtin applicants.
- Supporting Records: The following documentation must be submitted with an application to study at the University:
Certified copies of your prior qualifications
English proficiency documents
Grading system descriptions
- Admission Criteria: Prospective students should review all entry requirements for studies at Curtin University before applying.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must establish their proficiency in English by recognized exams and credentials, such as the IELTS and TOEFL, as well as through credentials in English. Applicants may see the specific English requirements for each course on its tab.
For Inquiries Contact:
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
Telephone: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
Telephone: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
Global Curtin is located in Curtin Connect, Building 102.
Business hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Submission Deadline is 15 October 2023.