Flinders University is accepting applications for its partially funded Go Beyond Scholarships.
About Flinders University and Scholarship
Flinders University, a prominent public research institution based in Adelaide, South Australia, boasts a widespread presence across 11 locations in South Australia and the Northern Territory. Established in 1966, it pays tribute to British navigator Matthew Flinders, renowned for exploring and surveying the Australian and South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
The primary campus of Flinders University, situated at Bedford Park in Adelaide’s southern region, spans 156 acres of lush gardens and native bushland, creating a vibrant and green academic environment. Additional campuses include Tonsley, Adelaide Central Business District, Renmark, Alice Springs, and Darwin. As a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, Flinders University is committed to advancing research and academic excellence.
Flinders University has demonstrated leadership in postgraduate employment outcomes, as evidenced by the 2021 Graduate Outcome Survey – Longitudinal, conducted by the Australian Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching.
The main campus, located in the inner southern suburb of Bedford Park, is approximately 12 km south of the Adelaide city center. Flinders University also extends its presence to Victoria Square in the city center and Tonsley. Furthermore, the university maintains external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, southwest Victoria, and the Northern Territory. International students contribute significantly, constituting 19.5% of the on-campus student population as of 2020. The university also offers offshore programs, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
Flinders University provides a diverse range of educational opportunities, offering over 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, along with higher degree research supervision across various disciplines. Leveraging modern information and communication technologies, many courses incorporate flexible teaching methods to enhance the learning experience.
The Flinders Go Beyond Scholarships are specifically designed to acknowledge international students who exhibit outstanding academic performance and demonstrate the potential to make positive contributions to both Flinders University and the global community. These scholarships aim to empower international students, enabling them to pursue their educational and career aspirations and go beyond conventional expectations to achieve extraordinary accomplishments.
Details about Flinders University Go Beyond Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Value: 50% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of the program
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Flinders University Go Beyond Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for Flinders University Go Beyond Scholarships:
- Available for start in semesters 1 and 2 of 2023.
- Only new students are eligible.
- International students who pay full tuition (residents of Australia and New Zealand, as well as Australian Permanent Residents or other permanent visa holders, are not allowed to apply).
- International students of any nationality are welcome.
- Available to candidates who have completed an appropriate course as defined in the Terms and Conditions.
- Students must fulfill the admission criteria outlined for each scholarship, as well as meet basic entry requirements such as English language requirements, any topic prerequisites, or work experience.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 5.0 and a full-time load of study to be eligible.
- Undergraduate applicants must have an ATAR of 95 or higher and must complete the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship Form.
- Postgraduate candidates must have a GPA of 6.5 or above and must complete the Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship Form.
These scholarships are awarded competitively and verified via a screening procedure. As part of the selection procedure, applicants will be informed of the scholarship outcome. At the time of application, applicants who qualify for a different scholarship will get an offer that includes the award.
The Flinders International Ambassador Program and active support of Flinders University in its global promotion of Flinders will be mandatory for the successful winners.
Application Procedure for Flinders University Go Beyond Scholarships
Interested and eligible candidates should complete the online application form.
The Application Deadline is: December 31, 2023