Application is now open for the Goodman International Scholarships at Texas A&M University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Texas A&M University and Scholarship
A public, research institution with a land-grant mission, Texas A&M University (often known as Texas A&M, A&M, or TAMU) is located in College Station. It was established in 1876, and in 1948 it was elevated to the position of system-wide flagship.
Texas A&M is the only university in Texas to have concurrent titles as a land-, sea-, and space-grant college. Since 2021, Texas A&M has enrolled the biggest student body in the country. It belongs to the category of “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” and is a participant in the Association of American Universities. As the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (A.M.C.) under the terms of the 1862 Morrill Land-Grant Act, the university began offering classes on October 4, 1876, becoming the state’s first public higher education institution.
The college continued to grow over the next decades, facing its first post-war severe enrolment halt during World War II, when enrollment reached its greatest level. The college’s enrollment expanded once again in the 1960s under the leadership of President James Earl Rudder, who supervised the integration, coeducation, and removal of the Corps of Cadets requirement. The letters “A&M” were retained as an homage to the university’s prior name when the Texas Legislature renamed the college Texas A&M University in 1963 to reflect the institution’s enlarged activities and academic offerings.
The chancellor chooses and oversees the university president, who has executive authority and is in charge of the institution. All of the university’s instructional and charitable endeavors are overseen by the provost, who answers to the president. The deans of the several colleges and the cabinet, which serves as the institution’s administrative body, also answer to the president.
Texas A&M University has set up the Goodman International Scholarships for the academic year 2023 to serve as a financing source for overseas students pursuing higher education in the USA. International students who wish to enroll in the university’s undergraduate or graduate degree programs are eligible for the award.
Details about Goodman International Scholarships at Texas A&M University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Texas A&M University, UK
Scholarship Value: Tuition Fee
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate and Graduate degree
Host Institution(s): Texas A&M University, UK
Eligibility Criteria for Goodman International Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Goodman International Scholarships at Texas A&M University:
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries
- Any undergraduate or graduate degree program offered by TAMU that is not a doctoral program is eligible.
- Eligibility Requirements: The candidates must fulfill each of the requirements listed below to be eligible:
- Student (undergraduate or graduate)
- 3.5 GPR for graduates and a minimum 3.0 GPR for undergraduates
- Financial need and full-time attendance of 12 hours for undergraduates and 9 hours for graduates
- Admission Criteria: Applicants must confirm that they meet all university entry requirements.
- The candidates must fulfill all university admission criteria, including the language requirements.
- To be considered official, TOEFL exam results must be forwarded straight from the testing facility to EngineeringCAS (using code B887).
- The IELTS test center must electronically submit all official test results. Test Report Forms on paper won’t be accepted. Please get in touch with the IELTS testing facility where you took the exam and ask them to provide Texas A&M University (College Station and Galveston) your test results electronically.
Required Documents for Application
The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Permanent Residents Card
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree
- Letters of recommendation
Application Procedure for Goodman International Scholarships
The Submission Deadline is: October 12, 2023