Application is now open for the Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship at the University of Liverpool. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Liverpool and Scholarship
The University of Liverpool, established in 1881 as University College Liverpool, welcomed its first students in 1882. By 1884, it had become part of the federal Victoria University. Notably, in 1894, Professor Oliver Lodge conducted the world’s first public radio transmission, and two years later, he performed the United Kingdom’s first surgical X-ray. In 1899, the Liverpool University Press was founded, making it the third-oldest university press in England. During this period, students were awarded external degrees by the University of London.
In 1903, following the granting of a royal charter and an act of Parliament, the institution gained independence as the University of Liverpool, with the authority to confer its own degrees. The subsequent years witnessed significant developments at the university, including Sir Charles Sherrington’s discovery of the synapse and William Blair-Bell’s pioneering work on chemotherapy in cancer treatment. In the 1930s to 1940s, Sir James Chadwick and Sir Joseph Rotblat made substantial contributions to the development of the atomic bomb. Between 1943 and 1966, Professor Allan Downie, specializing in Bacteriology, played a key role in the eradication of smallpox.
In 1994, the University of Liverpool became a founding member of the Russell Group, a consortium of twenty leading research-intensive universities, and in 2004, it also became a founding member of the N8 Group. In the 21st century, the university’s physicists, engineers, and technicians were involved in the construction of the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, contributing to two of the four detectors in the LHC.
The university primarily operates from a single urban campus, which is conveniently located approximately a five-minute walk from Liverpool City Centre, situated at the top of Brownlow Hill and Mount Pleasant. This campus spans 100 acres and features 192 non-residential buildings, which house 69 lecture theatres, 114 teaching areas, and various research facilities.
For those who have completed their undergraduate degrees at the University of Liverpool and are considering pursuing postgraduate studies with the school, there is an opportunity to receive a loyalty discount of up to £2,500 off postgraduate tuition fees starting from the academic year 2024/25.
Details about the Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship at the University of Liverpool:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Liverpool, UK
Scholarship Value: Up to £2,500 off postgraduate tuition fees
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Liverpool, UK
Up to £2,500 will be deducted from students’ postgraduate tuition costs:
- £1,500 tuition fee reduction for qualifying graduates of the University of Liverpool in the UK
- For qualified foreign University of Liverpool graduates, a £2,500 tuition price reduction is offered.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship
Candidates are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for the Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship at the University of Liverpool:
- Being a University of Liverpool alumni means that you completed your undergraduate studies at the Liverpool campus and returned to study after being an exchange undergraduate student one time.
- Commencing September 2024 enrollment in the University of Liverpool campus’s taught postgraduate master’s program, which offers MRes degrees. Whether you want to study full-time or part-time is not important. enrolled at Liverpool University as a student
- If there is a scholarship or other price payment arrangement in place, online learners from partner institutions shouldn’t be switching to the University of Liverpool.
- A student’s tuition should never be covered by sponsors, such as the government, a company, or an employer.
Application Procedure for Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship
An application is not required. All qualified students who fulfill the requirements will receive the University of Liverpool Graduate Loyalty Advancement Scholarship. There is no financial value attached to this award. You can visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified