Application is now open for the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship at Deakin University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Deakin University and Scholarship
Deakin University is a public university located in Victoria, Australia. The organization, named after the second prime minister of Australia, Alfred Deakin, was created in 1974. The main campuses are situated in Warrnambool, Geelong Waterfront, Burwood in Melbourne, and Geelong Waurn Ponds. There is also an online Cloud Campus. Deakin also provides educational resources in the Victorian cities of Werribee and Dandenong. In terms of undergraduate student satisfaction, Deakin University consistently ranks highly; in the 2019 Student Experience Survey, Deakin had the fourth-highest rating nationally, the highest rating among all Australian public universities, and the highest rating among all Victorian universities.
Since 2010, Deakin has continuously ranked in the top two among all Victorian universities for postgraduate student happiness, with the best undergraduate student satisfaction ratings among all Victorian institutions.
The DUPR scholarships are supported by Deakin University, whilst the RTP scholarships are funded by the Australian government. Both native and foreign students are eligible for both scholarships. Only the top candidates will be given an RTP.
Details about the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship at Deakin University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
Stipend and Allowances Value (Terms and Conditions apply)
- A tax-free annual stipend of $33,500 (starting on May 28, 2023)
- Students who are coming from out-of-state or abroad to study at Deakin University are given a relocation payment ranging from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family).
- Only for international students: For the period of the student visa, a single International Student Health Cover coverage is required.
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for the stipend and 4 years to cover the cost of the tuition
Research Master Degree Period
- 2 years for the stipend and 2 years to cover the cost of the tuition
Higher Degree by Research Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship at Deakin University:
- A student must be enrolled in an HDR program of study at Deakin University whether they are domestic or international to qualify for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance, or DUPRS.
- An applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth intended to cover HDR expenses to be eligible for RTP expenses coverage.
- A student must not be receiving income from another source that is larger than 75% of the RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate to cover their general living expenses while enrolled in their course of study to be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend. Income received for the student’s course of study but not to cover basic living expenses is not to be included. Neither is income unrelated to the student’s course of study.
- For information about eligibility for admission to an HDR course at Deakin University, please visit the research degree entry pathways page.
The More Information section below contains a complete list of the terms and conditions for each scholarship. The Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure contains details regarding RTP Scholarship Policy.
Interview Process for Higher Degree by Research Scholarship
Students will receive RTP and DUPRS stipends via a competitive process that is described in the ranking criteria listed below. RTP or DUPRS stipend recipients will be enrolled as full-time on-campus students.
An RTP or DUPRS Stipend applicant must possess:
The Faculty/Institute will evaluate applications for RTP or DUPRS Stipends from currently enrolled HDR students. After completing their doctorate program for more than three years or their master’s program for more than two years (or the equivalent in part-time study), currently enrolled students are not eligible to apply.
Please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure for details on the RTP Fees Offset selection process and the offer procedure for all scholarships.
Application Procedure for Higher Degree by Research Scholarship
For more information please email the Graduate Research Academy
The Application Deadline: Not Specified