Application is now open for the Kennesaw State University HOPE Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Kennesaw State University and Scholarship
Kennesaw State University (KSU), a prominent public research institution located in the state of Georgia, boasts two expansive campuses within the Atlanta metropolitan area—one nestled in Kennesaw and the other in Marietta, covering a combined 581 acres (235 ha) of land.
Established in 1963 by the Georgia Board of Regents, KSU’s founding was facilitated through local bonds and a federal space grant, aligning with a period of significant economic growth in Georgia post-World War II. Notably, KSU extends its educational reach beyond its primary campuses, conducting classes at the Cobb Galleria Centre, Dalton State College, and in Paulding County (Dallas). With a robust student body exceeding 45,000, KSU proudly holds the position of the third-largest university in Georgia based on enrollment.
As an integral part of the University System of Georgia, KSU holds the classification of “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity.” The university hosts a diverse array of academic programs spanning business, education, engineering, nursing, physical sciences, information technology, criminal justice, and sports management.
One noteworthy scholarship initiative at KSU is the HOPE program, a merit-based scholarship designed for students who meet the residency requirements outlined by the University System of Georgia and the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC). This scholarship is specifically available to those enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
For recent high school graduates, it’s important to note that eligibility for the HOPE scholarship is contingent upon an evaluation of high school transcripts by the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC). This meticulous review ensures that deserving students receive the support they need to pursue their academic goals at Kennesaw State University.
Details about Kennesaw State University HOPE Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Kennesaw State University, USA
Scholarship Value: Unknown
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): Kennesaw State University, USA
Each year, the Georgia Student Finance Commission sets the award amounts. Please visit the GSFC website to check the award amounts as of right now. The total amount of a student’s HOPE Scholarship is determined by how many credit hours they enroll in each semester, with a maximum payout of 15 semester hours.
The maximum HOPE amount (15-hour rate) for which the student is qualified each semester is assumed in the initial award amount. When students enroll in fewer than 15 hours, the HOPE award amount will be lowered; this reduction will also occur when financial assistance is disbursed. Students who enroll in more than 15 hours are not eligible for an increase in their HOPE grant amounts. Moreover, the total cost of the student’s tuition for the semester cannot be greater than the HOPE Award Amount.
Eligibility Criteria for Kennesaw State University HOPE Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Kennesaw State University HOPE Scholarship:
- Must complete an application: FAFSA or GSFAPPS.
- Meet US citizenship or qualified non-citizen requirements.
- Register for Selective Service, if necessary.
- Sustain the college-defined satisfactory level of academic progress.
- Not be in arrears or have a return balance on a student financial assistance account.
- The Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990 must be followed.
- A minimum of a 3.0 HOPE GPA is required, taking into account all college-level courses taken from any institution attended and since high school.
- Fewer than 127 hours of effort were required.
- Requires a final HOPE Scholar status if attempted hours are fewer than thirty. This indicates that your GPA qualifies you for the Hope scholarship.
- Must not have passed the point at which your eligibility expired. Your eligibility limit will be established by the day you receive your first HOPE scholarship payment. The Length of Eligibility limits are described on the GAfutures website.
- Must not have completed a four-year baccalaureate program, even if funding from HOPE was obtained for the program.
Application Process for Kennesaw State University HOPE Scholarship
If you think you may be qualified, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS). You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: 29 June 2024