Flinders University is currently accepting applications for its fully-funded Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship.
About Flinders University and Scholarship
Flinders University, a distinguished public research institution located in Adelaide, South Australia, boasts a widespread presence with campuses spanning 11 locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. Since its establishment in 1966, the university has been dedicated to delivering high-quality education and research. Named in tribute to British navigator Matthew Flinders, renowned for his exploration of the Australian and South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, the university has become a prominent player in the global academic landscape.
The primary campus, situated at Bedford Park in Adelaide’s southern region, covers a sprawling 156 acres characterized by lush gardens and native bushland, creating a vibrant and verdant academic environment. In addition to the main campus, Flinders University extends its footprint to various locations, including Tonsley, Adelaide Central Business District, Renmark, Alice Springs, and Darwin. As a proud member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, Flinders University holds a distinguished position, securing a spot among the top 300 institutions globally, ranked 266 according to the 2022 Times Higher Education rankings.
Flinders University offers a comprehensive range of academic programs, with more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses available. The university emphasizes the integration of new information and communication technologies to enhance traditional teaching methods, providing students with flexible learning options.
The main campus, nestled in the southern suburb of Bedford Park, serves as the academic hub, while additional presences in Victoria Square in the city center and Tonsley contribute to the university’s diverse learning environment. Flinders University extends its educational outreach through external teaching facilities strategically located in regional South Australia, southwest Victoria, and the Northern Territory.
In its commitment to fostering inclusivity and supporting individuals seeking refugee status in Australia, Flinders University has introduced the Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship. This initiative aims to provide financial assistance to eligible students, with three scholarships available annually initially. The ongoing availability of scholarships in subsequent years will be contingent on the availability of funding. Through initiatives like these, Flinders University continues to demonstrate its dedication to making education accessible and inclusive for diverse communities.
Details about Flinders University Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Value: This scholarship will cover the cost of the international tuition fees for the duration of the degree
Number of awards: 3
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
For the duration of the degree as stated, the scholarship will pay the international tuition costs. Tuition for a single repeat topic enrollment may be covered in extraordinary cases. The recipient will be responsible for paying the foreign tuition expenses if they are made to repeat any extra subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for Flinders University Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for the Flinders University Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship:
- Now possess a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790), Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785), or Bridging Visa E (subclass 051). Click here to learn more about Bridging Visa E (BVE).
- Own a valid temporary visa as of right now and plan to apply for a permanent humanitarian visa; and
- They finished their year 12 in South Australia the year before they started university studies; and
- Be starting an undergraduate program at Flinders University for three years; and
- Typically be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at Flinders University; and
- Possess the ability to prove that they have enough money to pay for their studies and living needs (excluding tuition).
The following criteria will be taken into account while choosing recipients:
- academic standing determined by the university admission exam
- how much the study will improve the candidate’s chances for employment
- the degree to which the course work will allow the student to make a communal contribution
Note: International Student Services and Student Finance will work together to choose the applicant or candidates.
Application Process for Flinders University Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship
- Check the Terms and Conditions of the Award.
- Make sure you satisfy all the prerequisites for the course you have chosen.
- Before applying, confirm that you are eligible for the award and gather all required paperwork. Note that the school does not offer pre-assessment.
- Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship should apply as soon as possible, making sure to include their completed Humanitarian Refugee Scholarship application form.
- Are you a new candidate for Flinders University? Submit an application and you will be considered and advised within your Letter of Offer. If you are qualified you simply need to accept your offer for the scholarship to be awarded.
The Application Deadline is: 01 December 2023