Application is now open for Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Flinders University and Scholarship
A public research university with its headquarters in Adelaide, Flinders University has 11 sites spread across South Australia and the Northern Territory. It was established in 1966 and was given the name Flinders in honor of British sailor Matthew Flinders, who in the early 19th century explored and mapped the Australian and South Australian coastline.
Flinders University and St. Peter’s College are jointly funding significant Ph.D. research that will alter lives and the planet.
- Get a $33,000 scholarship every year tax-free for up to 3.5 years.
- Utilize your research abilities while interning at St. Peter’s College.
An industry Ph.D. scholarship is available via Flinders University and St. Peter’s College for creative study into how integrated athletic development programs affect students’ physical growth in the classroom.
To compare the physical literacy of students at St. Peter’s College to students who do not engage in athletic development programs, the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work and St. Peter’s College are working together on this study project. St. Peter’s College, with its unshakable dedication to the education of boys and its ambition to create an excellent community of learning, brings tremendous industrial expertise to the project. Truth, respect, and service are strong, enduring components of school life that the school upholds.
Developing the character of the boys and young men at Saints – cultivating a feeling of service, bravery, dedication, and integrity – has been the school’s most significant mission for more than 170 years. The integration of athletic development programs into the curriculum at the school is crucial to this learning. A phased approach to athletic development across the students’ academic careers reflects this.
The Sport, Health, Activity, Performance and Exercise Research Centre (SHAPE) at Flinders University, which has complementary research strengths in the field of sport and exercise science to support this exciting industry Ph.D. opportunity, is dedicated to the development of athletic development programs for physical and personal development in school and sports settings. Through this Ph.D. project, the institution is working together to find original answers to this difficult field of research.
Details about Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Flinders University and St Peter’s College
Scholarship Value: $33,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): Flinders University
This scholarship provides:
- Up to 3.5 years, at a tax-free yearly rate of $33,000 (2023 full-time rate, adjusted annually)
- A job that allows you to put your research into practice while you’re applying for the position.
- Through joint supervision, you may access both academic and industrial knowledge.
- A welcoming setting where you may study cutting-edge research techniques and grow as a subject-matter authority.
- The chance to oversee a difficult research project and handle difficulties in a fresh way
- A cooperative research environment where you may grow professionally and socially while honing your talents.
Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
You must have the following to qualify for the Flinders and St. Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
- To be an Australian, New Zealander, or permanent resident; to possess, or be eligible to obtain, an appropriate foreign visa; and
- Meet the Ph.D. admission requirements at Flinders University, which include having an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or an equivalent degree (at least at AQF Level 8), or providing proof of similar research experiences, such as peer-reviewed publications or considerable experience as a lead researcher.
- Scholarship candidates are required to begin their studies as soon as it is practical, up to three months after accepting the scholarship, and within a period determined by the Office of Graduate Research in conjunction with the industrial partner. This period may be extended to six months in rare cases with the agreement of the industry partner and the University.
- Completed postgraduate education in sport and exercise science (Strength & Conditioning) (Bachelor’s degree with Honours Class 1 or 2A Graduate Diploma or Masters degree by coursework with a research component of at least 18 units, with an average GPA of at least 6 in the research component).
- Possess, or be willing to get, working with children check, a national police criminal history check, and the Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse, and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN)-EC training.
- Possess active accreditation from the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association at Level 1 or above
It is preferred for applicants to additionally have:
- Acquired over six months’ worth (or the equivalent of part-time work) of experience coaching strength and conditioning in a school or athletic context.
Application Process for Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship
Fill out the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form that is attached, and submit it, along with any supporting materials, to Dr. Kym Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Dr. Ben Haines at Bhaines@stpeters.sa.edu.au to learn more about this wonderful scholarship opportunity.
Please be aware that to be eligible for the scholarship, successful applicants must also apply for and be accepted to the HDR program at Flinders University. For further details, refer to Apply for a Higher Degree by Research. If a successful awardee is chosen, the scholarship applications may conclude sooner than announced. The project lead will help determine the start date, and it is anticipated that the winning awardee will get started as soon as is practical.
The Application Deadline is: July 17, 2023.