Boise State University is now accepting applications for its partially funded ISACA Boise Chapter Scholarship.
About Boise State University and Scholarship
The public research university Boise State University (BSU) is located in Boise, Idaho. The Episcopal Church established it in 1932. It changed its status to a junior college in 1934 and began conferring bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 1965. The institution went public in 1969.
More than 100 graduate degree programs are available at Boise State, including the MBA and MAcc programs in the College of Business and Economics; master’s and Ph.D. programs in the Colleges of Engineering, Arts & Sciences, and Education; the MPA program in the School of Public Service; and the MPH program in the College of Health Sciences.
Approximately 66 percent of the 24,103 students enrolled at Boise State for the 2020–21 academic year were from Idaho. The majority of graduate students in Idaho attend Boise State University. More than 90% of first-year students at Boise State are recent graduates.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage students who are Idaho residents and are enrolled in an Idaho university or college to pursue studies in the allied disciplines of computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, and accounting.
ISACA offers its members education, resource sharing, advocacy, professional networking, and several other advantages locally through more than 200 chapters established in more than 80 countries. The Boise Metropolitan Area is home to over 145 professionals who are members of the ISACA Boise Chapter. The global community of ISACA members and certification holders spans nearly all industry categories and represents a variety of professional IT-related positions, including internal auditor, consultant, educator, IS auditor, IS security professional, risk professional, and chief information officer. Members rely on ISACA for materials that advance their professional knowledge, broaden their skill sets, and link them to a thriving peer group.
Details about ISACA Boise Chapter Scholarship at Boise State University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Boise State University, USA
Scholarship Value: $1,000
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): Boise State University, USA
Eligibility Criteria for ISACA Boise Chapter Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the ISACA Boise Chapter Scholarship at Boise State University:
- Must be enrolled full-time in college
- You must be pursuing a degree in one of the following fields: computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, or accounting.
- Either physically attend an accredited Idaho college or university (at an Idaho college or university or as an Idaho resident attending an accredited college or university in the United States) or currently reside in Idaho.
- Application quality, completeness, and all essential attachments
- A genuine interest in pursuing more education or training in the following fields: accounting, computer science, information systems, or cybersecurity
- Individual success as shown by involvement in extracurricular pursuits and activities, leadership roles, and/or job experience
- While they will be taken into consideration, grade point average and academic status will not be the main criteria.
- Contact details for students and academic data
- Experience and Academic Objectives: Please provide a thorough explanation since this is a crucial part of describing who you are.
- Extracurricular Activities, Awards, Honors, and Positions Held: Please describe your achievements as this is an excellent method to show what you’ve done. Activities might include volunteer work, internships, and positions in which you have excelled.
- Current Transcript: The most recent transcript (acceptable are unofficial transcripts)
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation (at least two letters) from two or three educators. Letters must be postmarked no more than a year after the application.
Application Process for ISACA Boise Chapter Scholarship
Fill out the Scholarship Application Form and submit all required documents. Please note that before giving out the scholarship, ISACA Boise could ask for enrollment verification.
Note: You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your entry. Send an email to email@example.com if you don’t receive it. Contact ISACA Boise Academic if you need any help or have any inquiries.
The Submission Deadline is: 24 February 2024
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.