The University of Dundee is now taking applications for the JEP MSc Progression Scholarships for overseas students, which are partially funded.
About the University of Dundee and Scholarship
Scotland’s Dundee is home to the public research institution known as the University of Dundee. With a gift from the illustrious Baxter family of textile manufacturers, it was established as a university institution in 1881. For the majority of its early years, the organization shared space in the St Andrews town center with United College and St Mary’s College, two constituent colleges of the University of St Andrews. In 1967, the University of Dundee received a royal charter granting it autonomous university status after undergoing tremendous growth while keeping some of its old traditions and organizational structure.
Participants in this scholarship program must be international students from specific nations. If they want to be taken into consideration, they can apply for an MSc in Biomedical Engineering, Health Data Science for Applied Precision Medicine, Medical Imaging, or Sports Biomechanics & Rehabilitation.
Details about EP MSc Progression Scholarships at the University of Dundee:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Dundee
Scholarship Value: £5,000 or £9,000 as tuition fee discount
Number of awards: Two
Study level: Master, Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Dundee
Eligibility Criteria for JEP MSc Progression Scholarships
- International students are eligible to apply for JEP MSc Progression Scholarships.
Below is the list of all applicable countries:
Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Democratic Republic), Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho
Peru, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Suriname, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, The Bahamas, Trinidad, and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay,
Nepal, North Korea, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Cyprus, East Timor, Georgia, Hong Kong, SAR of China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, SAR of China, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma),
Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta
Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn
- You can apply for the University of Dundee’s MS in Biomedical Engineering, MS in Health Data Science for Applied Precision Medicine, MS in Medical Imaging, or MRes in Sports Biomechanics & Rehabilitation.
- Eligibility Requirements: JEP MSc Progression Scholarship candidates must fulfill the following requirements to be considered:
The candidates must be citizens of an international nation that qualifies.
All candidates must be categorized by the University of Dundee as international fee-paying students and not be enrolled in a Ph.D. course to be eligible for a JEP MSc Progression Scholarship. Each candidate may choose from one of two scholarship tiers; eligibility for each tier is determined by the applicant’s level of achievement at the time of application:
• To qualify for a Tier 1 Scholarship (worth £9000): The applicant’s Y1–Y3 core modules for the BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering (Joint Education Program with Northeastern University China) program must have an average of at least 78% (15/C1).
• The candidate must hold an average in their Y1–Y3 core modules of the BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering (Joint Education Program with Northeastern University China) below 78%/15/C1 to be eligible for a Tier 2 Scholarship (£5000).
Application Procedure for JEP MSc Progression Scholarships
- The JEP MSc Progression Scholarships do not need an application from you. This will be automatically given to you if you qualify.
- Documents in Support: The following papers must be submitted by the students to the university:
- Academic citation
- Reference to experts
- Statement of purpose
- Authorized transcript
- Diploma or degree
- Proof of your ability to speak English
Terms and Conditions
- Requirements for Admission: The candidates must hold a UK degree with lower second-class honors (2:2) in biological, biochemical, or biomedical sciences or a closely connected field.
- Required Language: The following English language competency exams must be taken by the students and results submitted: IELTS – 6.5
If you have any inquiries regarding the scholarship, get in touch with the Department of Scholarships at the university. Ask a question regarding the school’s scholarships here.
The Application Deadline is: 31 August 2023 at 23:59 (UK time)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.