Application is now open for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship for Africans on Entrepreneurship at Queen’s University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Queen’s University and Fellowship
Queen’s University at Kingston, widely recognized as Queen’s University, is a distinguished public research institution situated in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Queen’s boasts substantial landholdings that span more than 1,400 hectares (equivalent to 3,500 acres) across Ontario, including the notable Herstmonceux Castle located in East Sussex, England.
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship returns with its 2024 edition, offering a remarkable opportunity for African students and recent graduates. For those aspiring entrepreneurs eager to take their ambitions to the next level, this fellowship represents a unique stepping stone toward their goals.
This 8-month program is thoughtfully designed to nurture and cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit within individuals. Its primary objective is to refine the skill set of future leaders, with an emphasis on equipping them to drive meaningful social and financial change. More than just an academic exercise, the fellowship is committed to providing participants with the essential elements for success. This includes boosting their confidence, offering access to valuable resources, imparting knowledge, fostering extensive networking opportunities, and, notably, providing the crucial financial support necessary to transform their startup dreams into tangible realities.
Details about Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship for Africans on Entrepreneurship at Queen’s University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation/Queen’s University, Canada
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters/Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Queen’s University, Canada
- Top-Notch TrainingA business boot camp led by esteemed Queen’s University teachers and prominent industry figures with decades of combined experience in entrepreneurship.
- Using the Disciplined Entrepreneurship paradigm, which comes directly out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and offers a rigorous approach to scaling enterprises.
- Professional advice on pitching and in-depth live seminars focused on goal setting, marketing, and hiring talent.
- After completing the course successfully, Queen’s University will grant you micro-credentials in entrepreneurship.
Mentorship and Networking Opportunities
- Connect with a plethora of mentors and speakers who are leading the way in North American entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Take advantage of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni’s extensive global network.
- Join a vibrant group of aspirational African graduates and students.
- During the program’s last phase, take advantage of the opportunity to be matched with seasoned entrepreneurs and industry professionals.
- Get insightful comments throughout the crucial first stages.
Financial Backing & Opportunities
- During the last round, a $500 stipend will be awarded to a chosen group of 60 exceptional fellows.
- The opportunity to pitch in the final pitch competition for a chance to win prizes worth $15,000.
- Chances to visit the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Center and strengthen relationships that may change your business goal
Commitment to Inclusivity
- The fellowship takes great satisfaction in its commitment to diversity and innovation, always striving to make the program as inclusive as possible.
Eligibility Criteria for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship for Africans on Entrepreneurship
This program is designed for African students and recent graduates who are driven to address important challenges and give birth to creative business ideas. The trip consists of three virtual classes covering:
- Virtual coaching sessions
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Facilitation business idea development
It’s a progressive system wherein students must demonstrate their passion and effort to advance from one subject to the next.
Applications are welcome from students and recent graduates in any field from any African academic institution. This fellowship can help whether you are launching a new endeavor or are managing a thriving firm.
Although there is flexibility in the pace of the virtual material delivery, a minimum weekly commitment of 10 hours is required for optimal results. Assignments must be sent in online regularly by participants, meeting strict deadlines. In addition, even though English is the program’s major language, accommodations have been made to make sure no participant is left behind.
Application Procedure for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship for Africans on Entrepreneurship
The Application Deadline is: 04 December 2023