Application is now open for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships at Delft University of Technology. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Delft University of Technology and Scholarship
The Delft University of Technology is located in the Dutch city of Delft. It is one of the top 10 engineering and technology institutions in the world as of 2022, according to QS World University Rankings. After MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), it was rated second globally in the areas of architecture and civil engineering.
It boasts more than 27,000 undergraduate and graduate students, 6,600 staff members (teaching, research, support, and management), eight faculties, and several research centers. King William II founded the institution as a royal school on January 8, 1842, with the main objective of preparing civil officials for employment in the Dutch East Indies.
The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships are available for master’s degree programs at the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. These scholarships come with a yearly award of €30,000. For meritorious international candidates, TU Delft offers several scholarships. The Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships are made possible by the bequest of Justus and Louise von Effen. Mr. van Effen worked as a researcher at TU Delft in the 1940s and was adamant that social problems could be solved with the help of new technology. The Justus & Louise von Effen Foundation was formed to support outstanding MSc students from all over the globe who desire to teach at TU Delft and to offer social aid.
Details about Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships at Delft University of Technology:
Scholarship Sponsor: Justus & Louise von Effen Foundation/Delft University of Technology
Scholarship Value: Up to €30.000
Number of awards: 2 per faculty
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available programs.
The perks of receiving the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship are as follows:
- For students who are not from the EU or EFTA, the average annual salary is €30,000.
- Students from the EU and EFTA pay about €11,500 annually.
- Full annual tuition for an MSc program at TU Delft is based on the institutional rate or the statutory rate, depending on the registered nationality, AND a contribution toward living costs.
- Access to workshops, seminars, and other opportunities for personal growth is provided through Scholarship Club membership.
Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships at Delft University of Technology:
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Excellent overseas candidates were granted conditional admission to one of the 2-year Regular MSc programs at TU Delft.
- with a bachelor’s degree from a globally renowned university outside of The Netherlands and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 80% on the scale.
Application Process for Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships
Applying for Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships requires the following steps, which you should follow:
- Complete your MSc application (verify the admission requirements).
- In addition to the standard MSc application materials, you must also submit the following:
- The Scholarship Application Form online
- According to the required documents, provide two reference letters (each in a separate PDF file). two letters of recommendation, one each in English, French, German, and/or Dutch. There must be these letters:
- from a current assistant professor or former professor. One of these letters can come from your company if you have work experience.
- written on official stationery and with the institution’s or business’s official stamp.
- include your full name and be signed by the referee
- Is your referee reluctant to write you a letter of recommendation? Then, he or she can send firstname.lastname@example.org a scanned PDF of the letter. His or her email must contain both your full name and TU Delft student ID. This number will be sent to you once you register for Studielink. If you select this option, you must upload a statement notifying us of your choice under “reference letter” on osiaan.tudelft.nl. Included in your statement should be your referee’s name and email address. Please be aware that students from outside the EU/EFTA must submit their English test results with their application, if necessary. Students from the EU/EFTA might submit this document at a later time by the admissions guidelines.
- The English Test Upload: Please be aware that students from outside the EU/EFTA must submit their English test results with their application, if necessary. Students from the EU/EFTA might submit this document at a later time by the admissions guidelines.
The MSc Application must be sent along with all necessary documentation for the scholarship. A document cannot be uploaded again after submission.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: December 1, 2023