Application is now open for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program for High-Achieving Students at Stanford University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program/Stanford University and Scholarship
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program attracts talent. It provides a platform for intentional leadership development, create a diverse community of scholars, and provide you with the tools you need to make a significant difference in the world. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program fosters an international community of future leaders from many fields and teaches them how to work together, think creatively, and communicate as they are ready to tackle society’s complicated problems. Knight-Hennessy Scholars join a community of caring academic peers.
Stanford University is a private research institution in Stanford, California (official name: Leland Stanford Junior University). One of the most prominent colleges in the world, Stanford is generally regarded.
Up to 90 highly accomplished students who are independent thinkers, demonstrate intentional leadership, and have a civic orientation will each year receive full financing through the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program to continue graduate studies at Stanford.
Each year, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will choose 100 outstanding students from all across the world who have demonstrated leadership potential and civic involvement. To create a new generation of world leaders, these scholars will receive full funding to attend Stanford for a comprehensive graduate education. The biggest fully funded scholars program in the world is called Knight-Hennessy Scholars.
Details about Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program for High-Achieving Students at Stanford University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Postgraduate/Masters
Host Institution(s): Stanford University, USA
- Full funding covers all academic costs, including tuition, fees for graduate programs, and stipends. Additional financial aid is also available.
- Study for any graduate degree at Stanford, including PhDs in the humanities, social sciences, engineering, education, business, or law.
- Develop your leadership and communication abilities so you can collaborate with people from other fields and come up with innovative solutions to difficult problems.
Duration of Program: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program only covers the first three years of your graduate education; if your degree program lasts longer than that—for example, an MD or PhD program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program—your Stanford home department will cover the remaining costs of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program. (So, for a Ph.D. in engineering, it would take six years, while a Ph.D. in humanities would take five years.)
Eligibility Criteria for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program for High-Achieving Students
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program for High-Achieving Students at Stanford University:
- All nationalities are welcome to apply to be Knight-Hennessy Scholars, according to the organizers. Naturally, given that the program anticipate Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have a significant worldwide influence.
- Did you complete your schooling elsewhere other than the United States? To be eligible for graduate study, you must hold a degree from an approved institution or university that is comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- If you intend to enroll in any full-time graduate program at Stanford (including but not limited to the DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or Ph.D.), or if you want to pursue one of the many joint or dual graduate degree options available at Stanford (including but not limited to the MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS), you are eligible to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program.
- Additionally, if you obtained your bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later—or 2012 for US Military—you are qualified to apply.
1. Independent Thinking
- Mental agility in the early going
- Looks for new information and experiences
- Full of fresh concepts
- Explains unclear circumstances
- Can express dissident or contrary opinions
2. Purposeful Leadership
- Driven to better oneself
- Very ambitious
- Risk-taking attitude
- Perseveres and overcomes the difficulty
3. Civic Mindset
- Personally modest and loving
- Tolerant of differences
- Being sympathetic and helpful to others
- Little ego
Application Process for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program for High-Achieving Students
Interested and qualified applicants should log in or register for the program.
Important Notes: Please be aware that the program strongly advises applying using the most recent versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The Submission Deadline is: October 11, 2023