Application is now open for the Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
Located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a public research institution. The New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT), which was the forerunner to the university, was formed in 1878, although the university’s roots as a technical institution can be traced back to 1988 when it was established in its current form.
UTS was placed 11th in nursing, 25th in arts and design, and 29th in sport and exercise in the world by the QS World University Rankings in 2021. UTS is listed in the top 100 for law, accounting and finance, architecture, civil engineering, communication and media studies, and computer science.
UTS was placed eighth in electrical engineering, thirteenth in computer science, thirty-first in energy and fuels, forty-sixth in chemical engineering, fifty-two in civil engineering, 62nd in biotechnology, 83rd in economics, and eighty-seventh in ecology in the 2022 US News Rankings. Electrical engineering and computer science are the two subjects where UTS is ranked first in Australia. Energy and fuels are placed second, chemical engineering third, biotechnology fourth, civil engineering sixth, economics seventh, and ecology eleventh.
The Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship was created to assist a UTS undergraduate student with a physical impairment and clear financial need in pursuing their educational objectives.
Details about Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $9,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Be enrolled in a UTS undergraduate degree;
- Be permanently registered with the UTS Accessibility Service at the time of scholarship selection;
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or a permanent humanitarian visa, and have a physical disability, visual or hearing impairment, or any other ongoing health condition that significantly affects mobility, as determined by the UTS Accessibility Service.
- A statement stating that the applicant consents to the UTS Accessibility Service sharing this information with the Scholarships Office to determine eligibility; and
- Have applied via a University Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship, and your application demonstrates your financial disadvantage.
- Receiving a Commonwealth income support payment that is means-tested (such as the Single Parenting Payment, Disability Support Pension, Carer’s Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY, or Youth Allowance), or by supplying detailed information proving exceptional financial hardship; and
- To be considered for a scholarship, all applicants must submit an online application through UTS.
The UTS Financial Assistance Service is located in the Student Services Unit, where students can schedule an appointment for an alternative financial assessment to demonstrate financial disadvantage. This is only accessible to applicants who have been judged ineligible due to failing to fulfill the above-mentioned financial hardship requirements and those detailed in the UAC application, or who have been unable to submit an Equity Scholarship.
Based on the evidence provided in the scholarship application:
- Dedication and drive to complete their UTS degree
- The possibility that winning the award may help the Recipient achieve success in completing their degree,
- Current and future goals in both personal and professional life
- Inspiration to carry out long-term objectives to overcome hardship
- As determined by the UAC Equity Scholarship application procedure, financial necessity.
NOTE: Students who spent at least a year living in a regional or remote area of Australia in the two years previous to beginning their UTS studies may be granted preference. Based on the data obtained as part of the UAC Equity Scholarship application, evaluations will be made.
Application Process for Lawrence Vidoni Memorial Scholarship
Applications for this scholarship are currently open. To apply please complete the online application form. All applications must be submitted online by this date. Late applications will not be considered.
For further details, Contact…
The Application Deadline is: 25th September 2023