The University of Queensland is now accepting applications for its partially funded Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship.
About the University of Queensland and Scholarship
The public research institution known as the University of Queensland (UQ, or Queensland University) is principally situated in Brisbane, the state capital of Queensland, Australia. One of the six sandstone universities—the oldest university in each state—UQ was established in 1909 by the Queensland parliament and is one of the six institutions that bear this name.
Queensland University High-achieving full-time students who are interested in enrolling in a degree program at the University may now submit applications for the Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship.
Students from all over the world who want to study computer science and IT, engineering, science, and mathematics at the University of Queensland can apply for the Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship. The Liveris Academy Merit Scholarship Scheme includes this award, which has an annual value of up to $10,000. Additionally, you may be eligible for up to $10,000 in travel assistance for authorized exchange, internship, or Gap Semester options. The revenue from an endowed fund, which Andrew and Paula Liveris created in 2019, is used to support the scholarship.
Details about Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $10,000 annually. You may also be eligible for up to $10,000 in travel assistance for authorized exchange, internship, or Gap Semester options.
Number of Awards: Up to 5
Study Level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for the University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Candidates must be either domestic or foreign students.
- The applicants will complete year 12 in the two years before the year of the award (2022, 2023) or will have already done so.
- In the year of the award, candidates must have finished no more than one semester of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- an engineering-integrated program
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- a dual program including one of these programs; or
- Before enrolling in the authorized program, applicants must not have completed any postsecondary studies at the Bachelor level or above (special courses are excluded).
- Holding a scholarship that the director deems to be equivalent is prohibited.
The school will consider:
- Evidence of academic success in courses studied in Year 12 and/or in a program that has been authorized
- Quality of the article and brief video
- Proof of one’s character, such as:
- Leadership potential, involvement in community service, and/or participation in line with Liveris Academy graduation characteristics
- shown dedication to academic excellence
- proven ability and want to engage in and positively contribute to co-curricular activities at UQ
- shown a strong commitment to participating in co-curricular development activities through the Liveris Academy
- Anything else the selection committee feels is important to your success at UQ and in your job after graduation
Application Process for Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship
Fill out the scholarship application form. And You will need:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- a copy of both your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) and your semester 2 Year 11 report, if you are already enrolled at UQ.
To show that you fit the requirements for this scholarship, you will also be required to make a brief video that can only be one minute long and to provide short answers to a few questions. To aid you in this process, make use of the school tips for putting together a great application.
Your application will receive an email response from the organization. Email email@example.com if you have not heard from the school within two days of submitting your application. They will forward your application to a selection panel for assessment if they determine that you are qualified. If you are chosen, they will let you know in writing and ask you to schedule an interview.
The Submission Deadline is: August 20, 2023.