Application is now open for the Meta Research Fellowship Program. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Meta and the Fellowship Program
Meta Platforms, Inc., commonly known as Meta and formerly known as Facebook, Inc. and TheFacebook, Inc., is an American multinational technical firm with headquarters in Menlo Park, California. Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp are among the many properties owned by the company. Meta is a company that is among the most valuable in the world. It is recognized as one of the Big Five American technological heavyweights, together with Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft.
Any student pursuing a Ph.D. is eligible to apply for the Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowship program. The program encourages applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, especially those who belong to historically underrepresented minority groups. The quality of the research statement, the significance of the study, and the letters of reference are taken into account while evaluating applications.
Details about Meta Research Fellowship Program:
Scholarship Sponsor: Meta, USA
Scholarship Value: $42,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate/PhD
Host Institution(s): Meta, USA
The Fellowship includes two years of free tuition and fees, a $42,000 yearly stipend to cover living and travel expenses to conferences, a paid trip to Meta’s headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (subject to COVID office restrictions, the event may be virtually held), and numerous opportunities to interact with Meta researchers.
Meta Research Fellowship Program – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Meta Research Fellowship Program:
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an institution of higher learning with accreditation in the autumn that follows the application cycle (fall 2023);
- Engaged in computer science and engineering research in Meta-related subjects, as detailed in the section on Available Fellowships;
- Participants in the program may be students from any institution of higher learning that has earned international acclaim.
- The system will send an email immediately to your recommender’s inbox as you provide their email address. When they submit your letter, they will let you know.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will get an email confirmation.
- When each of your references has filed their letters of recommendation, you will receive two further confirmation emails.
- Once your whole application, including letters of recommendation, has been received, you will receive a final email notice.
- Awards will be announced to applicants in late January.
Note: Your application won’t be considered if you don’t have two letters of recommendation before October 6.
Application Procedure for Meta Research Fellowship Program
Interested candidates should register for the program and then follow the below process:
- Please read the application form carefully and completely before submitting it.
- Please choose the fellowship for a relevant and acceptable study field that best fits your research.
- Please mark the application as complete once you have completed it.
- Obtain two recommendation letters. Your advisor’s letter should be among them. ‘Mark as complete’ after providing both of your recommenders’ email addresses on the recommendation request form.
- Once all tasks have been indicated as finished, click “Submit” on your application.
- Application Closes: September 20, 2023
- Reference Letters Due: October 6, 2023
- Review Process Opens: October 11, 2023
- Winners notified: January 18, 2024
- Blog Announcement of Winners: Week of January 31, 2024