Application is now open for the Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
An Act to create an Institute of Technology was approved by the NSW Parliament in 1940, and the New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT) was founded in 1964 as a result. The NSW Institute of Business Studies and the NSW Institute of Technology merged in 1968. The first law school in New South Wales outside of universities was founded by NSWIT in 1976. In 1985, the Haymarket campus made its formal debut.
The NSWIT was given university status on October 8, 1987, and the University of Technology, Sydney, Act was then passed. On January 26, 1988, it was reorganized as the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), and the School of Design of the old Sydney College of the Arts was also included. The Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education (KCAE) and the Institute of Technical and Adult Teacher Education (ITATE) of the Sydney College of Advanced Education were combined to become UTS in 1989 under the University of Technology, Sydney, Act 1989 (NSW). In 1991, 25 schools and nine faculties made up the academic framework.
The Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction seeks to promote and grow the number of skilled female professionals in the building industry by encouraging female students to achieve academic distinction in fields of study relevant to the building industry.
Details about the Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $15,000 + Opportunity for a paid work placement
Number of Awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Be a woman;
- A citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or the bearer of a permanent humanitarian visa or permanent residence visa for Australia;
- Possess a full-time enrollment status in the Bachelor of Construction Project Management program (C10214);
- Have satisfactorily finished their course with at least 108 credits (or its equivalent) at the time of the scholarship application;
- Have submitted a curriculum vitae and earned a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 or above;
- To be eligible, all applicants must submit an online scholarship application through UTS
- Each applicant must be available to participate in the interview.
According to what was shown in the interview and scholarship application:
- Knowledge of construction project management;
- Motivation and interest to succeed in their construction project management course;
- Alignment of values, aims, and culture with those of Mirvac Group;
- Personal and professional initiative; academic excellence.
Before starting your Application
Prepare the following written assertions in a text document, keeping each one to a maximum of 300 words. Avoid using any fancy formatting, such as bullet points or numbering.
- Question 1. What impacted your decision to undertake the Bachelor of Construction Project Management at UTS and what is your inspiration to succeed in your studies?
- Question 2: Please describe a situation in your personal or professional life in which you demonstrated initiative and completed a successful outcome.
- Question 3: What do you think would be the most rewarding part of a career in construction and why?
- Question 4: What do you believe the most challenging aspects of a career in construction will be and why:
- Question 5: How do your values and goals align with those of Mirvac Group?
Application Procedure forMirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction
Interested candidates for the Mirvac Group Merit Scholarship for Women in Construction should complete and submit the online application form. If you have any questions regarding this scholarship please email UTS Scholarships.
The Application Deadline is: the 18th of September 2023