Application is now open for the Mr Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund at the University of Amsterdam. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Amsterdam and Scholarship
Located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, the University of Amsterdam (abbreviated as UvA; Dutch: Universiteit van Amsterdam) is a public research institution. It is the fourth-oldest academic institution in the Netherlands still in existence, having been founded by city authorities in 1632.
In terms of enrollment, it is the biggest university in the Netherlands. A few colleges are spread across other boroughs, but the main campus is situated in the heart of Amsterdam. The Humanities, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Economics and Business, Science, Law, Medicine, and Dentistry are the seven faculties that make up the institution.
The Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund is intended for extremely gifted and driven students from both inside and outside the European Economic Area who want to enroll in the Amsterdam Graduate School of Law’s full-time LLM program beginning in September.
Details about Mr Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund at the University of Amsterdam:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Up to €16,500
Number of awards: 1
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Every academic year, one scholarship from the Mr. Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund will be given away. The scholarship grant, if the winner is a non-EU citizen, will pay around €8,500 toward living expenses and about €16,500 toward non-EU tuition. The scholarship will be worth €12,000 if it is given to an EU citizen, which will cover about €2,100 for tuition and €9,900 for living costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Mr Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund
The Amsterdam Graduate School of Law asks you to do one of the following before applying for this scholarship:
- (If the master is regular) be granted conditional admission to
- The university has confirmed to you (in the event of a selective master) that your application has been sent to the selection committee of
An LLM program is offered in English that begins in September. Remember that the application due for your LLM program is January 1st if you wish to be eligible for a scholarship, so make sure you receive confirmation on any of them in time.
- Get initial admission to a Master’s program at the University of Amsterdam. Candidates pursuing a second Master’s degree or enrolling in a second Master’s program at the UvA will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Be able to adhere to the Dutch Immigration Service’s (IND) guidelines on Dutch visa requirements.
- Be registered full-time for the academic year and program for which the scholarship is given at the University of Virginia. Funding for scholarships is not assured if an applicant switches Master’s programs.
Application Process for Mr Julia Henriëtte Jaarsma-Adolfs Fund
- Submit your finished LLM application by January 1st.
- Complete the scholarship application form by January 15, 2024, at the latest.
- Please attach the necessary files to your scholarship application form:
- Academic records: verified transcripts with your GPA (see the selection requirements) and your certificate if you have previously completed your degree;
- Two recommendation letters from an academic supervisor, instructor, or dean;
- A declaration from your dean attesting to the fact that you rank in the top 10% of your class or year;
- A 500-word letter of motivation outlining your reasons for selecting the particular Master’s program (broader context, relevance for future career), as well as the significance of winning the scholarship;
- A resume that includes a summary of extracurricular activities such as leadership roles in student organizations, travel, foreign experience, competitive sports or music, or volunteer work;
- Evidence of your ability to speak English (as supplied in your LLM application).
Kindly be advised that scholarship applications that are not full will not be evaluated. You will be able to choose on the Scholarship Application form whether you would want to apply for the Jaarsma and the AMS Scholarships. By the end of May, the Amsterdam Law School Selection Committee will notify you of its decision.
Specific inquiries can be emailed to the Amsterdam Law School’s Admissions Office.
The Submission Deadline is: 14 January 2024