The University of Nottingham is accepting applications for its fully-funded Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships Program.
About the University of Nottingham and Scholarship
Nottingham, England’s University of Nottingham is a public research institution. It was established as University College Nottingham in 1881, and a royal charter was awarded to it in 1948. The Russell Group, an organization with a strong focus on research, includes the University of Nottingham.
The university’s innovative research fellows benefit from considerable financing and professional assistance in a vibrant, varied community. According to REF2021 analysis by Times Higher Education, you will have exciting prospects to become a research leader at a university that is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world* and is now ranked seventh in the UK for research power.
Extraordinary collectively become a member of the trailblazing research fellows to receive the considerable financing, specialized assistance, and exceptional opportunity you need to drive research. The fellows are crucial to achieving the goal of producing outstanding research that improves lives in the UK and throughout the world.
Apply right away and enroll at a university with a lively, diverse community and a history of groundbreaking discoveries. The curriculum acknowledges that outstanding individuals come from a variety of origins, have a wide range of professional choices, and experience life in ways that are as unique as you are. They accept applications from anyone who wants to work part-time to fulfill personal obligations since they are devoted to an inclusive and dynamic research environment. They are particularly keen to help those of Black and Asian origins.
Please submit your interest by Friday, October 6, 2023, via the relevant school or faculty vacancy. To apply, you must have received your PhD and have discussed your research plan with the professors or staff at your host institution. Although the program is flexible regarding start times, selected fellows are expected to begin in the spring or fall of 2024.
Details about Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships Program at the University of Nottingham:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Nottingham, UK
Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship/Research
Host Institution(s): University of Nottingham, UK
The ambition to produce outstanding research that changes lives in the UK and throughout the world requires fellows. They are the future leaders in research, collaborating with motivational forerunners from several fields to discover answers to pressing global issues. There are two programs offered by the fellowship, both providing the same set of benefits:
- Outstanding female postdoctoral researchers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and medicine who are in the early stages of their academic careers and want to start a research career in the UK are the target audience for Anne McLaren scholarships.
- Outstanding postdoctoral researchers in the early stages of their academic careers from all academic fields represented at the institution are the target audience for Nottingham Research scholarships.
Note: Both programs are accessible to internal and external applicants, including those from abroad.
The Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships Program Offer:
- Financing for three years of independent research, paying salaries between £43,155 and £54,421
- The potential for a permanent academic position, contingent on performance, and an extra £75,000 in support for research costs.
- Expenses of up to £15,000 for childcare
- Access to career development opportunities, mentorship, and networking with the larger fellowship community.
Eligibility Criteria for Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships Program
Candidates must have received their Ph.D. by the deadline for registering their interest in the program on October 6, 2023, or an equivalent degree, such as a postgraduate MD/DM for clinical applications. Early-career researchers and applicants with less than eight years of post-doctoral experience are the target audience for this program. However, as this does not account for differences in career pathways within fields, there are no qualifying requirements based on the number of years of post-doctoral experience. Candidates will be judged according to their caliber, potential, trajectory, and history at the stage of their careers.
All university-wide academic specialties are invited to submit applications for the fellowship. STEM-related careers are required for applicants to the Anne McLaren scholarships. Female candidates are especially encouraged because they are generally underrepresented in STEM fields. Candidates from any university academic subject are eligible to apply for the Nottingham Research scholarships.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- An exceptional research record for their career stage and discipline, as evidenced by high-caliber publications, research funding, and/or accolades and honors.
- Proof of a developing worldwide and national reputation
- A capacity for inspiring and motivating individuals within the research team and throughout the institution
- Potential to serve as an ambassador both within and outside of their field of study
Pro-rata consideration will be given to part-time appointments. Since they may be seen to have already accomplished the goals of the plan, candidates are often not required to have a permanent post. Any applicant who is unable to work in the UK will be sponsored by the University of Nottingham.
July 2023: Scheme launch
6 October 2023: Expression of interest deadline
By 10 November 2023: Candidates are invited to submit a full application
11 December 2023: Full application deadline
15 December 2023: Submit the Head of School supporting statement
January 2024: Applicants invited to interview
February 2024: Interviews
April 2024 onwards: Fellows start
Application Process for Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships Program
Are you interested and qualified for Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships? Log in or register for the program here. You must finish the following requirements before applying:
- Choose your host faculty or school from the following list.
- To discuss your research project, get in touch with the designated school contact; see the list below for further information.
- Make sure the strategic priority areas for the school or department where your planned research will be conducted are addressed.
- Upload your CV and research proposal by clicking the “Apply now” link to the online form for your host faculty or school, which is indicated below. The format for your resume or research proposal is specified in the link for your specific application.
Any questions regarding eligibility or the application procedure should be addressed to: email@example.com.
The Application Deadline is: October 6, 2023