Application is now open for the Ph.D. Position in Design and Development of GaN power electronic devices at the University of Southern Denmark. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Denmark and Scholarship
The University of Southern Denmark, sometimes known as Syddansk Universitet or just SDU, is a university in Denmark with campuses in Zealand and Southern Denmark.
Applications are being accepted for a 3-year job as a Ph.D. in the field of semiconductor components and their applications by the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU). The job is based in the Electrical Engineering division of the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE) in Snderborg. Researchers and developers from colleges and businesses on both sides of the Danish-German border make up the electronics powerhouse CIE.
The post will begin on October 1, 2023, or as soon as is practical after that date, and the start date will be decided upon with the chosen applicant.
In competitive cutting-edge technologies, CIE Research focuses on sophisticated active and passive power semiconductor components. With an intelligent component design, the CIE semiconductor company focuses on creating revolutionary WBG semiconductor devices (including GaN and SiC) that outperform the state-of-the-art by utilizing their special features. The final item will deal with the problem facing the semiconductor sector.
A committed applicant is needed for the “GaN Vertical Field Effect Transistors project” Ph.D. This project, a collaboration between industry and research, will focus on vertical device technologies to address issues with power electronic applications (renewable energy, electric cars, and industrial). Industry objectives and needs ought to take precedence in the design of this vertical GaN transistor. Designing, creating, and describing vertical GaN devices for the industry cooperation are the main objectives of the role.
The candidate will have the chance to work on a variety of tasks related to showcasing high-performance devices, including numerical simulations, device fabrication in a cleanroom (with the assistance of international partners), and device characterization (using the CIE lab’s resources for static and dynamic measurements as well as reliability measurements).
Every duty is determined by the demands of the industry relationships.
- Design of a vertical GaN device based on industry requirements to handle existing problems.
- Silvaco’s simulation of a device at the device, circuit, and fabrication level.
- Developing a gadget (partially experimental).
- Determining the static and dynamic properties.
- Reliability testing of the created apparatus.
- Participating in initiatives abroad and working on research papers.
- A background in electronic and semiconductor physics is requested of the candidate.
- Possess a talent for device simulation and have experience with semiconductor software.
- Experience in the manufacture of GaN devices and GaN device technology is preferred but not necessary.
- proficient in writing and speaking English.
- Good collaboration abilities, motivation, and independence will also be taken into account, as well as how your background and qualifications complement and advance current departmental research and have the potential to do so in the future.
Details about Ph.D. Position in Design and Development of GaN power electronic devices at the University of Southern Denmark:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Denmark
Scholarship Value: 384.936,70DKK per year incl. 17.1% pension
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Denmark
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Position in Design and Development of GaN power electronic devices
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Ph.D. Position in Design and Development of GaN power electronic devices at the University of Southern Denmark:
- At the time of enrolment and employment, candidates must hold a master’s degree (equivalent to a Danish master’s degree). A Ph.D. fellow’s salary is paid over a 3-year salaried position. Read more about the collective bargaining agreement’s fundamental scale here. For additional information on salary and taxation, please visit the website.
- Only once the Ph.D. The school has given its approval for the candidate’s admission may a Ph.D. fellow be employed. After the time period, employment and enrollment will expire without further notice.
- While enrolling as a Ph.D. fellow at the faculty, a person is not authorized to hold any form of sideline employment.
- The Ph.D. Research Fellows Protocol, which was agreed upon by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations, governs employment. For additional details about salary and taxation, kindly see the links.
- According to faculty rules and the Danish Ministerial Order on the Ph.D. Program at the Universities (Ph.D. order), the chosen applicant will be enrolled at SDU. To learn more, visit here.
- The post will be mostly focused on research. Assignments for instruction may be individually negotiated. Other assignment kinds might also happen.
- The allocation of the various assignments is decided by the Faculty. The relative importance of the various responsibilities may change over time.
Read up about the Assessment and selection process. Applications will be evaluated by a professional. The Faculty will let applicants know how they were evaluated. Shortlisting is a possibility. The utilization of an interview throughout the hiring process is possible.
Application Process for Ph.D. Position in Design and Development of GaN power electronic devices
Before applying, candidates are expected to study the Faculty information for prospective Ph.D. students as well as the SDU information on How to apply.
- Completed the 5+3 applicant TEK Ph.D. application form. On the Faculty website, you may find the form.
- Motivational letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your particular qualifications, drive, and enthusiasm for the project in issue. Upload it in the “Project description” area.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae that includes personal contact information and details on research, publication, and teaching experience as well as computing skills
- Authenticated copies of the official bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and exam transcripts, both in the original language and in a certified English translation
- TEK Ph.D. form completed for grade point computation. On the Faculty website, you may find the form. Add your file to the “Publication” area.
- If Danish is not used, an official document outlining the grading system used by the granting universities. Add your file to the “Publication” area.
- If the thesis or examination project is authorized or passed, an official, confirmed written evaluation of the thesis or dissertation project from the institution that assigns grades will be sent. The statement must explicitly mention that the individual graduated in the top 30 percent of their study program’s graduating class.
- If you have any publications, provide them along with no more than two samples of publications that are pertinent. For each publication, kindly provide one pdf file.
- References (names and emails) and recommendation letters are optional. Please feel free to utilize the reference letter request form on the Faculty website.
The university accepts applications from all eligible applicants, regardless of background, since the school want its employees to represent a variety of society. An English application is required.
Further information for international candidates about entering and working in Denmark.
Further information about The Faculty of Engineering.
The Submission Deadline is: 14 September 2023