Application is now open for the Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mild-Processed Plant-based Ingredients at Wageningen University & Research. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About Wageningen University & Research and Scholarship
A public research university in Wageningen, the Netherlands, called Wageningen University & Research (often referred to as Wageningen UR; shorthand: WUR) specializes in the biological sciences with a particular emphasis on agricultural, technical, and engineering disciplines. It is a significant hub for agricultural and life sciences research worldwide. It is situated in the Food Valley, a part of the Netherlands.
WUR is made up of the former agricultural research facilities of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture and Wageningen University. As a research institution, Wageningen University awards BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees in the biological and social sciences. It concentrates on the study of issues related to life sciences and natural resources that are social, scientific, and commercial. It is well renowned for its programs in forestry, agriculture, and environmental studies. There are roughly 12,000 students at the institution, who come from more than 100 nations. It belongs to the network of academic institutions known as the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS).
The Wageningen University & Research has established an International Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mildly Processed Plant-based Ingredients for the academic year 2023–2024. By eliminating part or all of their tuition costs, the initiative hopes to entice overseas students by providing them with financial assistance.
Details about Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mild-Processed Plant-based Ingredients at Wageningen University & Research:
Scholarship Sponsor: Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: €3226 – €5090
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Excellent employment terms are provided by Wageningen University & Research. Some of the features of its Collective Labor Agreement are as follows:
- Leave for study, parental leave that is partially compensated, and sabbatical leave;
- Flexible work schedules that may be explored and planned to provide the greatest potential work-life balance;
- The opportunity to work more than 40 hours each week to earn more pay or holiday time;
- There is a major emphasis on vitality, and you may utilize the on-campus sports facilities for a minimal cost;
- An 8.3% fixed bonus for December;
- Wonderful pension plan.
Eligibility Criteria for Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mild-Processed Plant-based Ingredients
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mild-Processed Plant-based Ingredients at Wageningen University & Research:
- All foreign and home country national students are eligible to apply.
- Students may apply for a postdoctoral position at Wageningen University & Research studying the chemical and microbiological dangers of mildly processed plant-based substances.
- The following requirements must be met by candidates to be considered:
- You preferably have experience with applied research in the business world or a contract research organization; you have extensive knowledge of analytical techniques to measure nutrients and (by)products of digestion and fermentation (consider soluble and non-soluble fibers, lipids, carbohydrates, etc. with HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS/MS), interpret data, and translate research questions into an experimental strategy;
- Preferably, you’ve worked with in vitro digestion and fermentation model systems like the TIM, SHIME, and INFOGEST models.
- Data analysis proficiency is a bonus.
- Admission requirements include having a Ph.D., many years of professional experience, a background in nutrition, health, or microbiology (with a concentration on metabolite analysis/metabolomics), and a preference for the agri-food industry.
- The students must be proficient in both Dutch and English both orally and in writing.
Documents Required for Application
The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Passport copy
- Employer statement
- Government statement
Application Procedure for Postdoctoral Position in Chemical and Microbiological Hazards of Mild-Processed Plant-based Ingredients
The Application Deadline is: 30 September 2023