The University of Twente is accepting applications for its fully and partially funded Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation.
About the University of Twente and Scholarship
UT, or the University of Twente, is a public technical university situated in Enschede, Netherlands. Its Dutch pronunciation is [ynivɛrsiˈtɛit ˈtϋɛntə]. According to several central rating systems, the university is among the top 170 universities in the world.
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was established in 2007 to foster the development of elite professionals who would support Egypt’s progress across the board. The Foundation offers academic scholarships to bright and exceptional young Egyptian men and women to pursue master’s degrees abroad in any subject of study thanks to an endowment from Qalaa Holdings. An endowment from Qalaa Holdings provides funding for the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation, which awards academic scholarships to bright and ambitious young Egyptians to pursue master’s degrees in any field of study overseas.
Details about the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation at the University of Twente:
Scholarship Sponsor: Qalaa Holdings/University of Twente, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: Up to 50,000 USD
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Twente, Netherlands
The QHSF provides funding through two programs: a full scholarship that covers living expenses in addition to tuition, and a half scholarship that solely covers tuition. The annual cap on tuition costs is set at USD 50,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation at the University of Twente:
- The applicant needs to be under 35 years old.
- Must be a resident of Egypt and a national of Egypt.
- After graduating, the applicant must have at least two years of work experience.
- Intends to continue their education in their field of interest at one of the best colleges overseas.
- Must have been admitted to the desired university and program.
- The application must include a letter of unconditional acceptance (barring a financing requirement).
- Outstanding mastery of the studied language. strong proficiency in the English language.
- Participation in NGOs, volunteer work, or other civic, public, or international concerns will be advantageous.
- Must need money.
- Students who have started their programs are not eligible for funding from QHSF.
- Without receiving any additional partial scholarships or grants (apart from exemptions granted by the university of choice)
- Graduates of the program must be willing to spend at least two years working back in Egypt.
- The status of military service must be made clear (for men).
- Copy of letter of acceptance to University of choice
- An updated CV
- Two reference letters (academic and professional)
- Copy of Military Certificate (for Males only)
- Copy of (completed) application form submitted to the university of choice
Application Process for Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
The application may be downloaded from January 15 to April 15 of each year, which is when applications are accepted. Applicants are urged to apply to university as early as possible (for the upcoming autumn semester) to guarantee that they get their acceptance letters before the QHSF deadline, as the QHSF application package must contain an acceptance letter to the institution of choice. Upon receipt of the acceptance letter, candidates need only download, complete the application form, and prepare the necessary papers for submission to QHSF by postal mail within the deadline specified in the QHSF timetable.
Only postal mail or the foundation’s FEDEX account may be used to submit the application form, per the guidelines on the application page. After applying, please give it a week before emailing QHSF to get a confirmation of receipt. Your whole name, the name of the university you’re applying to, and the date of submission must all be included in the email’s headline. Candidates are limited to one award per application. QHSF urges you to apply for specialized scholarships if you meet the eligibility requirements. A candidate will be disqualified if they apply to more than one university under the same scholarship or more than one QHSF-sponsored scholarship at the same time.
- You can use firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your application was received.
- Please give it a week before you check.
- Please send a letter of acceptance to just one university.
- Send in your application materials just once.
- Any applications from a single individual that are rejected will be rejected altogether.
- It is not possible to turn in applications by hand.
Once it is completed, please submit your application package to:
By Regular Post:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box 29
Postal Code: 11516
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Hold at Fedex Mohandessin office
The Submission Deadline is: 14 April 2024