Application is now open for the University of Sydney International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Sydney and Scholarship
The University of Sydney (USYD), often known as Sydney University or just Sydney Uni, is a public research university in Sydney, Australia. It is Australia’s oldest university, having been founded in 1850, and is one of the country’s six sandstone institutions. It was one of the first institutions in the world to accept students entirely on academic merit, and it opened its doors to women on the same terms as males. The university is made up of eight academic faculties and university schools that grant bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
The University of Sydney was placed 19th in the world, second domestically, and first in New South Wales in the QS World University Rankings 2024. Furthermore, it is rated 27th in the world in terms of academic repute. QS put the university in the top 50 in all five broad topic categories.
The University of Sydney is happy to offer exceptional and motivated candidates International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science. The grant is accessible to both local and international candidates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in the subject of Intelligent Robotics Systems for Real-Time Asset Management in a diverse research team.
Details about University of Sydney International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: $37,207 p.a. (up to 3.5 years)
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Master
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
The Scholarship will give a stipend allowance similar to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year) per annum, subject to good academic performance:
- A successful Master’s by research candidate might take up to 1.75 years, while a PhD candidate could take up to 3 years.
- The scholarship will pay for the recipient’s single abroad health insurance policy for the typical full-time term of their higher degree studies at the University of Sydney.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Sydney International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the University of Sydney International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science:
- Countries Eligible: All countries are welcome to submit applications.
- Acceptable Subjects or Courses: within the School of Mathematics and Statistics, a research master’s or PhD
- Admissible Criteria: The candidates must fulfill all the requirements to be eligible:
- Possess an unconditional offer of admission or be presently enrolled full-time in a Ph.D. or Master’s by research program via the University of Sydney’s School of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science.
- a willingness to engage in theoretical machine learning or deep learning research
- Possess a master’s degree, a first- or second-class honors degree, or an equivalent qualification.
- Entry Requirements: The following entrance requirements must be submitted by the students:
- An undergraduate degree with first- or second-class honors
- A master’s degree that was earned to a high academic quality and that heavily emphasizes original research
- A similar certification that indicates quality, capability, and experience in research
- Language Prerequisite: One of the following language criteria must be met by applicants: PTE 42, TOEFL IBT 52, Cambridge CAE 41, IELTS 5.0.
Documents Required for Application
The following supporting papers are required of applicants:
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Visa and Passport
- Scholarship documentation
- English language results
Application Procedure for the University of Sydney International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science
The Application Deadline is: 08 October 2023