Application is now open for the Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry at the University of Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Sydney and Scholarship
Why attend the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney provides an outstanding educational experience by fusing recognized academic achievement with a dynamic and varied campus life. Students may take advantage of a rich learning environment and learn from subject-matter specialists thanks to the school’s illustrious reputation and top-notch instructors.
In Sydney, Australia, there is a public research institution called The University of Sydney (USYD), usually referred to as Sydney University or just Sydney Uni. It is one of the country’s six sandstone institutions and the oldest university in Australia, having been established in 1850. To provide bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, the university has eight academic faculties and university schools. One of the first institutions of higher learning in the world to accept students exclusively based on academic ability and to welcome women on an equal footing with men.
The institution has alumni and teachers that include two Crafoord laureates and five Nobel laureates. Eight Australian prime ministers, including the current Anthony Albanese, two governors-general of Australia, thirteen premiers of New South Wales, and 24 judges of the High Court of Australia, including five chief justices, have all received their educations from the institution. 19 Gates Scholars and 110 Rhodes Scholars, respectively, have come from the university.
With the help of this scholarship, overseas candidates will have the chance to start their postgraduate studies at the University of Sydney. This scholarship is intended to help a student pursuing a Ph.D. in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences of the Faculty of Science, whose research focuses on protein design, particularly modifying the activity of human transcription factors.
The University of Sydney, The University of Queensland, and The University of Melbourne have a Multi-Institutional Agreement that provides funding for this scholarship as part of the NHMRC Ideas Grant program for the project “New approaches to cancer treatment through mRNA display.”
Details about Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry at University of Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: The University of Sydney, The University of Melbourne, and The University of Queensland
Scholarship Value: $25,000 per annum
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Master, Postgraduate, and Research
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries
- The Ph.D. program at the School of Life and Environmental Sciences is acceptable.
- Acceptable Standards: The following requirements must be satisfied by candidates to be eligible for scholarships in protein biochemistry:
- Enroll as a foreign student
- Possess an unconditional admissions offer or are presently enrolled full-time in a Ph.D. program at the University of Sydney’s School of Life and Environmental Sciences.
- Possess knowledge of protein biochemistry and biophysics, especially as it relates to DNA-binding proteins.
Application Procedure for Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry
- Applicants must enroll in a postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney to be eligible for the Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry. You must then fill out an online application form after being unconditionally admitted.
- Documents in Support: academic transcript, field of study, research proposal, curriculum vitae, and list of publications, all of which must be attached. Note: If you submit several attachments, please provide one PDF file. For the sake of reducing file size, avoid uploading documents in high resolution.
- Students must examine the entry criteria of their selected program before applying for admission.
- Language Requirement: To be admitted to a university, applicants from outside their native country frequently need to fulfill strict English language requirements.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: July 16, 2023.