Application is now open for the University of Sydney International PhD Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception and Action. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Sydney and Scholarship
Studying at the University of Sydney offers numerous advantages, making it a compelling choice for students seeking a world-class education. The University of Sydney, also known as Sydney University, is indeed a prestigious institution with a rich history and a commitment to academic excellence. It’s notable not only for its academic contributions but also for its role in advancing inclusivity and merit-based admissions.
For prospective students interested in postgraduate research, the International PhD Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception, and Action offered by the University of Sydney provide an exciting opportunity. These scholarships are available to both domestic and international students for the academic year 2023-2024, reflecting the university’s commitment to supporting research and fostering diversity within its academic community.
Studying at such a venerable institution, particularly in cutting-edge fields like virtual reality, psychology, perception, and action, can open doors to innovative research opportunities, and personal and professional growth, and contribute to knowledge that benefits society as a whole. If you’re a student with a passion for these areas of study, this scholarship can be a great way to embark on a rewarding academic journey at the University of Sydney.
Details about University of Sydney International PhD Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception, and Action:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: Up to $35,000 per annum stipend
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Sydney International PhD Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception, and Action
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the University of Sydney International Ph.D. Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception and Action:
- Eligible Countries: Both domestic and international students can apply for these scholarships.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarships are awarded for PhD research in social, economic, and environmental issues in coastal New South Wales (NSW) and Queensland at the School of Geosciences, Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student.
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to undertake a full-time PhD in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
- Be willing to research virtual reality in psychology and active multisensory perception.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in psychology with a thesis component.
- Have a solid understanding of Bayesian models and experience with measuring eye movements.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to meet the following admission requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with first or upper-second-class Honors.
- Possess a Master’s degree performed at a high academic standard, including a substantial component of original research.
- Have an equivalent qualification that demonstrates research experience, excellence, and capability.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the English language requirements by providing proof of their English proficiency through tests like IELTS, TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English C1 Advanced, or Cambridge English C2 Proficiency if English is not their first language.
Note: These scholarships present an excellent opportunity for students with a background in psychology and an interest in virtual reality and multisensory perception to pursue their research interests at the University of Sydney. It’s a chance to contribute to cutting-edge research in an intellectually stimulating environment.
Required Documents for Application
Applicants for the International Ph.D. Scholarships at the University of Sydney for research in virtual reality in psychology and active multisensory perception must provide several supporting documents to be considered for the scholarship:
- Academic Merit: You should demonstrate strong academic performance, typically with a Bachelor’s degree with first or upper-second-class Honors and relevant research experience.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Provide a comprehensive curriculum vitae highlighting your academic and research achievements, work experience, and any relevant publications or projects.
- Two Academic Referees: Include references from two academic referees who can vouch for your research potential and abilities. These referees should be familiar with your academic and research work.
- Official Academic Transcripts: Submit your official academic transcripts in the original language along with an English translation. These transcripts should reflect your educational qualifications and achievements.
- English Language Qualifications: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Commonly accepted tests include IELTS, TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English C1 Advanced (formerly CAE), and Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE).
- Domestic Students: If you are a domestic student, you may be required to provide proof of your citizenship or residency status. This could include a passport, birth certificate, or citizenship certificate.
These documents collectively present a comprehensive view of your academic background, research potential, and eligibility for the scholarship. Ensure that all the necessary materials are prepared and submitted according to the application instructions to increase your chances of securing the scholarship.
Application Procedure for University of Sydney International PhD Scholarships in Virtual Reality in Psychology, Perception, and Action
Students who are interested and eligible for a scholarship must fill out and submit a scholarship application form.
The Application Deadline is: 17 October 2023