Application is now open for the British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) Scholarships. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About British Council
Through arts and culture, education, and the English language, the British Council helps individuals in the UK and other nations establish relationships, mutual respect, and trust. The organization operate in two different ways: directly with people to change their lives, and indirectly with partners and governments to have a greater long-term impact and assist millions of people worldwide.
The Scottish SGSAH and the British Council are happy to announce the opening of the application period for the 2024 British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships, which will support cross-border research partnerships between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish Institutions.
The scholarship will encourage international mobility and research opportunities that will aid in the development of new approaches to tackling the global climate disaster, as well as sustainable research and cultural exchanges both inside and beyond the arts, humanities, and cultural sectors.
The project will provide scholarships to Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers from outside the UK who want to conduct in-person and hybrid interactions in Scotland in the areas of environmental arts and humanities for up to three months in 2024. The recipients of the research grants will come together with academics from Scotland in April 2024 as part of a 2-week core leadership program, backed by several Clusters that are geographically and thematically oriented, to network and collaborate.
Details about British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: British Council
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): Scottish Graduate School For Arts and Humanities, UK
The initiative intends to showcase the contributions and interventions made by STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) scholars, the arts and culture community, and environmental humanities and arts researchers in resolving the climate emergency.
Eligibility Criteria for British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) Scholarships:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. and be early career researchers in the environmental arts and humanities who are currently enrolled at or have graduated from a non-UK university to travel to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and take advantage of the networks and resources of a host higher education institution.
- Exceptional academic and research abilities must be demonstrated.
- The Ph.D. award notification for early-career researchers must have been received within the last year.
Interview Date, and Process for British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities Scholarships
- Program launch and call for applications. Watch the recording: Monday 7 August 2023, 12 pm BST
- Introduction to the Programme Online Registration link: https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/187/1693227600000 (note this session will be recorded): Monday 28 August 2023 2 pm BST
- Achieving your Application Online Registration link: https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/188/1695031200000 (note this session will be recorded): Monday 18 September 2023, 11 am BST
- Information session for Host HEIs and Mentors Online Registration link: https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/189/1696251600000 (please note this session will be recorded): Monday 2 October 2023, 2 pm. NB this session is not for candidates
- Application deadline: Wednesday 1 November 2023, 12 pm GMT
- Notification of application outcomes: by Friday 1 December 2023
- Acceptance of the award deadline: Friday 8 December 2023
- Online induction and scholarship preparation session: TBC: January 2024
- Research placements (6 weeks-3 months): April-July 2024
- In-person cohort development programme: 15-26 April 2024
- SGSAH Summer School: w/c 17 June 2024
- Global Connects 2024 programme: TBC: Summer 2024
Required Documents for Application
Candidates are to submit the following documents:
- A complete study proposal, as well as information on how your participation in cohort-building, training, and development activities within the Cluster will benefit you.
- A spending plan and resource justifications.
- CV (maximum 4 pages).
- A letter of recommendation from your PhD advisor (maximum 2 pages).
- A letter of support (head of department or equivalent, maximum 2 pages) from the intended host institution.
Application Procedure for British Council Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities (SGSAH) Scholarships
Interested and qualified candidates should log in or register for the scholarship here.
The Application Deadline is: November 1, 2023